VOTE for Corvair of the Month October 2013

Calendar page and Gift Certificate to the winner...and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.

Vote for Corvair of the Month October 2013

Poll ended at Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Grandma's 63
18%
dagdal1967
8%
USAF_vair
18%
jlouis707
13%
vairynuts
15%
greatscott73
28%

Total votes: 39

greatscott73
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: ENTER Corvair of the Month October 2013

Post by greatscott73 »

Thanks for the kind words! I remember looking at that white car in Florida and being amazed as well. I had to put floors in mine so it isn't quite as perfect as that one, but that was about the extent of the rust on the car. I blame the rubber mats for holding moisture. That and the fact that the windshield weatherstrip had actually shrunk and split about one inch in each upper corner, thus allowing the rain to come in for about 45 years. The car is a base engined three speed with a few factory options like a padded dash and two speed wiper/washer set up. It was dinged up front to back and darn near paintless when I bought it. Took just about a year to go through it front to back. Still needs a little fine tuning, as yesterday was actually the first day I have driven it, but the major stuff should be behind me at this point.
greatscott73
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: VOTE for Corvair of the Month October 2013

Post by greatscott73 »

A few "before" shots from about a year ago!
Attachments
SAM_0745.JPG
SAM_0786.JPG
SAM_0788.JPG
Picture 3.png
Picture 3.png (265.95 KiB) Viewed 770 times
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png (258.17 KiB) Viewed 770 times
Picture 13.png
Picture 13.png (280.43 KiB) Viewed 770 times
Picture 17.png
Picture 17.png (242.57 KiB) Viewed 770 times
TexasAg77

Post by TexasAg77 »

Great looking Lakewood. After looking at youd pics I have a couple questions I would like to talk to you about some time. PM me when we could talk, if you don't mind!
'63 Palomar Red w/ White Convert
'61 Lakewood
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Congratulations!!

greatscott73 and the Corvair Lakewood has succeeded in taking the win for October Corvair of the Month! A lot of hard restoration work deserves this positive recognition and a place on the 2014 calendar. You had some stiff competition from a lot of very nice Corvairs, as evidenced by a close vote.
:not worthy: :tu: ::-): :thumbsupwink: :funnypost: :EMs Rule:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
greatscott73
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by greatscott73 »

Thanks a bunch to everyone who voted for my car! When I entered, I surely didn't expect to win against such stiff competition. As a relative newcomer to the Corvair world, I am thrilled at the recognition by people who truly appreciate and love these cars. Thanks again, everyone!
Grandma's 63

Post by Grandma's 63 »

Congratulation GreatScott, nice looking car.
popsickle

Post by popsickle »

i like mine had it 6 months now
Attachments
its not that hard
its not that hard
before
before

Return to “Corvair of the Month Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”