Scott H
Site Admin

Stock Corvair Group website

Post by Scott H »

Stock Corvair Group website link
http://members.cox.net/stock_corvair_group/
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
whubbell

Re: Stock Corvair Group website

Post by whubbell »

You have posted an old link to the SCG website. It is no longer functional. The current SCG website is found at: http://stock.corvair.org

Thanks

Bill Hubbell
President and founder of Stock Corvair Group
Bill Hubbell
President, Stock Corvair Group
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

whubbell wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:17 pm You have posted an old link to the SCG website. It is no longer functional. The current SCG website is found at: http://stock.corvair.org

Thanks

Bill Hubbell
President and founder of Stock Corvair Group
Thanks for the updated link Bill. :tu:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
toytron

Post by toytron »

Bill, when your site asks for someone to register it also asks for my Corsa id. Why do you need it?

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
whubbell

Post by whubbell »

toytron wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:34 am Bill, when your site asks for someone to register it also asks for my Corsa id. Why do you need it?

Ed Stevenson
Because Stock Corvair Group's charter requires 100% CORSA membership

Bill
Bill Hubbell
toytron

Post by toytron »

Hey thanks for getting back to me so quickly ggg

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
acarlson

Post by acarlson »

whubbell wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:54 pm Because Stock Corvair Group's charter requires 100% CORSA membership
Is your CORSA ID a number ? I'm a CORSA member but I don't have an ID.

Alec
Alec Carlson
Dahlonega, GA
1965 Regal Red Corsa 4 Speed Turbo Convertible
Restoration "In Progress"...
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

acarlson wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:44 am Is your CORSA ID a number ? I'm a CORSA member but I don't have an ID.
My CORSA member number is a 5 digit all numeric. It's usually found on the address label if you opt for the magazine to be mailed.
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
acarlson

Post by acarlson »

azdave wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:25 am My CORSA member number is a 5 digit all numeric. It's usually found on the address label if you opt for the magazine to be mailed.
I get the newsletter online. There is no ID number displayed in my account profile when I log in to the CORSA website. I was just curious since I didn't know I should have one 😊
Alec Carlson
Dahlonega, GA
1965 Regal Red Corsa 4 Speed Turbo Convertible
Restoration "In Progress"...
whubbell

Post by whubbell »

Current url for Stock Corvair Group is: https://stock.corvair.org

Kent Sullivan and I maintain the site. About a year ago we moved it off the CORSA server and onto a commercial server so we would not be subjected to the administrative whims of CORSA BOD. We also are no longer requiring CORSA membership to join SCG ( site registration may still ask for your CORSA ID but you can leave it blank.). We still require registration as a means of keeping spammers out (the Russians keep trying to get in…). Once you register, I will get an email with your information and as long as it looks legit, I will approve it so you can start posting if you want to.

The site has been underutilized. Although we have developed it as a platform where members can post articles and leave comments, very few have ever done so; most of the articles have been written by me and a few others. It is a Wordpress site, so there is a bit of a learning curve, but I’ve posted instructions in the Help section of the website.

I’ve tried to make the site a clearing house for any information about Stock Corvairs, including links to other sites with relevant information, new research, cars we have inspected, etc.

We also have a survey section where you can give feedback about the site, contribute to active research projects, or even submit information about your car for a “virtual assessment”.

Unfortunately, there is little evidence that any of this is being used by people. Aside from my occasional activity, we are not getting any new article submissions or new comments, and nobody is using the surveys.

Meanwhile, it does cost money to host the site, but we have no current sources of income (dues were collected at one point in time but were suspended due to lack of interest), so Kent and I are currently funding the site while we figure out what we want to do with it.

Please, visit the site, read some of the materials we’ve placed there, and give us some feedback.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Bill Hubbell
Bill Hubbell
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

It sounds to me that the Current CORSA BoD are alienating more enthusiasts than they are attracting these days. :td:
I doubt it is everyone on the BoD, but rather only a few of those with Ego issues and misguided superiority complexes.
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Dear Caraholic4life,

You wrote, "It sounds to me that the Current CORSA BoD are alienating more enthusiasts than they are attracting these days. I doubt it is everyone on the BoD, but rather only a few of those with Ego issues and misguided superiority complexes."

I assume you're talking about the Stock Corvair Group's decision to transfer their website from the CORSA server to an independent commercial serve. I don't know why they did this, but it was their decision, not the CORSA Board's.

Please. At no time did the CORSA Board of Directors cause or advise the Stock Corvair Group webmaster to remove or alter the content of their website while it was hosted on the CORSA server. We never caused the Stock Corvair Group webmaster to configure their site such that visitors needed to enter a CORSA Member ID to see the website's contents. Nor have we ever required chapters and special interest groups to limit their membership to CORSA members. I'm not aware of any CORSA chapter that is comprised solely of CORSA members. Mine certainly does not.

Space on the CORSA server is free of charge for chapters and once their subdirectory has been established and their login credentials are set, their webmasters are free to load their website files without any interference from us.

Allan Lacki speaking for himself! ::-):
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Come on Al, The recent actions of the Corsa BoD this last year have been pissing members off in droves! He states in his first sentence why they took the Stock Group off of Corsa's page:

About a year ago we moved it off the CORSA server and onto a commercial server so we would not be subjected to the administrative whims of CORSA BOD.

Sounds to me they removed it because they no longer Trust what the BOD might do? And after what you guys did this last year with the botched museum deal, the Ballot harvesting BS and the CCF I totally understand his concerns!

When I see a new thread on the Facebook Corvair Owners Group about the destruction of the CCF and it gets 85 post's over night and every poster talks about how upset they are with Corsa and state they will not renew their membership, seems there is a giant problem! And then you guys double down on the very things making members upset? What is that? "Its not working so lets do it more" :nono:

Even this months communique shows Corsa membership is at its lowest point ever and you lost 71 members in November / December?

November/December, 2023
Communique’ Circulation
U.S. Print & International
Print- 2,350
Electronic- 641
Total- 2,991 -71 from
November/December

Instead of bailing water out of the ship you guys are poking more holes in the bottom. :doh:
whubbell

Post by whubbell »

Allan Lacki wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:30 am
Please. At no time did the CORSA Board of Directors cause or advise the Stock Corvair Group webmaster to remove or alter the content of their website while it was hosted on the CORSA server. We never caused the Stock Corvair Group webmaster to configure their site such that visitors needed to enter a CORSA Member ID to see the website's contents. Nor have we ever required chapters and special interest groups to limit their membership to CORSA members. I'm not aware of any CORSA chapter that is comprised solely of CORSA members. Mine certainly does not.

Space on the CORSA server is free of charge for chapters and once their subdirectory has been established and their login credentials are set, their webmasters are free to load their website files without any interference from us.

We had to move the website because it runs WordPress, which requires background database management, and CORSA was no longer willing or able to provide that service for us after Harry Jenkins retired and CORSA moved everything to JMA Consulting Services. The site had broken down several times while being hosted on the CORSA server and it often took us several months to get things fixed.

Just to clarify, Stock Corvair Group has NEVER required users to enter their CORSA Member ID to see the website's contents. However, when the group was first organized in 2005, CORSA was aggressively pushing for all chapters to have 100% CORSA membership - it never actually became a requirement, but that was the environment when we formed the group, so we went along with it and tried to set the chapter up that way, and that's why we asked for a CORSA ID on registration. However, the fact is that we never really required it and I have always approved site registrations with or without a CORSA ID so long as the registration included enough information to determine it was a real person and not a spammer.

The SCG Website is different from most of the other chapter or even CORSA websites in that it was designed to be interactive - to allow users to post articles, make comments, run searches, etc. This requires more layers of security, to keep out spammers, etc., and it also requires more backend support (database software management). It is the lack of backend support we were getting from CORSA which resulted in our decision to move to a site which could provide it, but of course, that costs money. Kent and I decided the site was valuable enough to justify the move, even if that meant the money to maintain it would be coming from our own pockets. We periodically review that decision and I have no doubt that while there will eventually come a time when we decide we can no longer justify the expense for so little site traffic, for now we have decided to soldier on.
Bill Hubbell
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

Allan Lacki wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:30 am Dear Caraholic4life,

You wrote, "It sounds to me that the Current CORSA BoD are alienating more enthusiasts than they are attracting these days. I doubt it is everyone on the BoD, but rather only a few of those with Ego issues and misguided superiority complexes."

I assume you're talking about the Stock Corvair Group's decision to transfer their website from the CORSA server to an independent commercial serve. I don't know why they did this, but it was their decision, not the CORSA Board's.

NOPE, That is not what I was saying at all .:nono:
You know what is said about one that "Assumes".....

I was speaking in general terms regarding a select few current members of the BoD who apparently have issues and the effect those issues are having on the community as a whole. It is and remains to be my opinion.
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

acarlson wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:43 am My CORSA member number is a 5 digit all numeric. It's usually found on the address label if you opt for the magazine to be mailed.
I get the newsletter online. There is no ID number displayed in my account profile when I log in to the CORSA website. I was just curious since I didn't know I should have one 😊
[/quote]

Alec, your corsa ID is provided at the top of each email you get announcing that the Communique is available for reading. I rec got an email from corsa about the Communique, which had my member ID
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE

Return to “Stock Corvair Group”