New guy from SW Michigan

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
vanwyk4257

New guy from SW Michigan

Post by vanwyk4257 »

I just bought my first corvair, it's a 1961 corvair 95 panel van. It needs lots of TLC mechanically as it's been sitting for a number of years. The engine fan and shroud are MIA along with the alternator, but everything else appears to be there and the engine turns freely. It's also a manual transmission truck. The best part is it's from California and it's 100% rust/bondo free. I plan to either refresh the engine that's in it now or find another running engine to put into it, put front disc brakes with a dual MC on it, lower it a couple inches and put on a fresh coat of paint (badly needed) and have fun driving it whenever I can. I'll post some pictures after I get it home Friday afternoon. My wife reminded me that I swore to never buy a minivan, but I just had to make an exception in the case of the 'vair! ::-):
1961 Corvair 95 van - rust free CA truck, pro touring style resto mod in progress.
2009 Mazdaspeed3, turbocharged D-stock autocross terror/daily driver
vanwyk4257

Re: New guy from SW Michigan

Post by vanwyk4257 »

One quick item, I need a windshield for it, if anyone semi-local has a good FC windshield please send me a PM with your location and price or email me at mvanwyk "at" sbcglobal "dot" net. Thanks!
1961 Corvair 95 van - rust free CA truck, pro touring style resto mod in progress.
indianalakewood1961
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by indianalakewood1961 »

Welcome to forum.. :welcome2:
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

:welcome: :fc front:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

:wave: Welcome to CF.

I am going to get parts off of a brier on the 29th, they have 3 fc's total, possibly one window. Im in the southwest Chicago burbs. Ill keep a eye out for ya.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
vanwyk4257

Post by vanwyk4257 »

Thanks for the warm welcome all.
Kevin, if they have a windshield I would definitely be interested. I also need the fan, cooling shroud and air cleaner assembly which is missing on the van I'm picking up tomorrow. Let me know what you come across. It's only a two hour drive depending on traffic so I could make the drive to pick up some parts. I appreciate it!
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

I posted pics of the yard/s I'm talking about in general disc. You should come out the 29th I'm heading there with a few others. They definetly have the engine parts your looking for. Pm me your # either way.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
vanwyk4257

Post by vanwyk4257 »

Kevin, I just sent you a PM with my cell number. I may be able to make it out on the 29th, we'll see. Thanks!
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

If you don't have your van yet your list will grow. The brier there is mostly complete if not. The corvan has all engine parts also, the fan is steel if I remember correctly. And there are a bunch of cars and a wagon also.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
vanwyk4257

Post by vanwyk4257 »

Kevin, Sorry I missed your call yesterday evening, I did get your voicemail. I am bringing the van home today so I am sure there will be more items to be added to my list. I already have quite a few little bits and pieces listed as it is. I'm running down a local lead on some potential parts, but I will probably tag along on the 29th to see what I can find. I will be in touch soon. Thanks again.
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

Cool. Talk to you soon.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.

Return to “Introductions”