New to the site

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Rtbreeds

New to the site

Post by Rtbreeds »

Purchased a 68 convertible in sept taking on a huge project Always wanted a project car I stripped and primed it before the cold weather set in been looking at this site for months and getting some great info I never knew the following corvairs had I'm in Northern Ohio I will try a post some pics Been taking pics just need to post The project takes on a life of its own and very enjoyable
BIGTWIN
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: New to the site

Post by BIGTWIN »

Welcome to the forum.Restoring one is a lot of work and not a job for just anybody. Post some pics and tap the knowledge bank.
1961 Monza
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside a dog it's too dark to read."
crtoons

Post by crtoons »

I also bought a 68 convertible last year and I'm wondering what, if any, rust issues you encountered after stripping the car. I hear these particular models suffered from similar problems in that department due to drainage issues, just wondering if you discovered any and where the rust problems are.
Rtbreeds

Post by Rtbreeds »

Had rust under battery ,passenger front fender, small hole in floor board by passenger front seat haven't fixed that yet The doors were in real nice shape as hood and trunk there is rust in bottom of trunk
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Return to “Introductions”