Greetings from Wisconsin!

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
69corvairman

Greetings from Wisconsin!

Post by 69corvairman »

Hello everyone! I have been a Corvair owner since 2001. After having 5 cars at one point, I'm down to my 69 500 140/pg #5465, and my 64 110/4 vert. The 69 is a native Wisconsin car with two small rust spots, and 74K on it. I'm in the process of rebuilding the 140. It started smoking, and shooting the compression from the number 4 cyl out the tail pipe! I picked up the vert last year from the third owner. It is a mostly original, rust free, Washington car with 84K on it. I'm a long time member of Corsa and the Milwaukee Corvair Club (joined three days after the Chicago Convention). Thanks for your time, and I look forward to talking and maybe helping!
Attachments
Corvair.jpg
69corvairman

Re: Greetings from Wisconsin!

Post by 69corvairman »

Here's a pic of the 69 from the third day of ownership in 2002. I'll try to clean some of the junk in the garage to get a better shot!
Attachments
Corvair 2.jpg
Corvair 2.jpg (41.96 KiB) Viewed 313 times
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Hey 69corvairman....looks like you've got some clean rides there! Welcome!
69corvairman

Post by 69corvairman »

Thank you!! The 69 has a weak driver's rear floor I need to clean up, and rust thru on the pass fron corner below the marker light.
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Thats what I like to see. You joined the forum and jumped right in... :tu:

Good looking Corvairs and I'm jealous of the very rare 69 of yours, nice car!
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
69corvairman

Post by 69corvairman »

I wish I had the original engine tho! It was scrapped about two years ago, and I showed up a month to late to reclaim it. I would love to get my hands on a correct 69 110 when cash permits. I found the build sheet, and it has the build date of May 2nd! I repainted the car in 2003, and it needs to be redone. I'm keeping the correct shade of Olympic Gold. I pulled the 70s camaro wheels off, and replaced with an NOS set of wheelcovers. The box was ruined, so I don't feel guilty about using them. I added a 69 monza interior, and kept my original bench and back seat. I just wish I was smart enough to keep the good condition rubber floor mat. Hopefully I can piece her back together as it should be. For now, I'll just take my time to learn about the cars, and cruise in the convertible!
69corvairman

Post by 69corvairman »

Here's some shots from the garage. I still need to clean off the workbench so I can get the motor dropped. I haven't driven the 69 in two years. Otherwise, it was a daily driver that included a cross country drive in 2002. I bought it with 40,500 miles on it, and enjoyed it everyday! Oh, I dunno if it is clear in the pic, but the second hand on the clock hung up and broke off. Yes, I did add the monza trim and bumper guards. Sorry, I like chrome!
Attachments
Corvair2.jpg
Corvair.jpg
Corvair3.jpg
Corvair4.jpg

Return to “Introductions”