TerribleTed has joined the Forum

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
terribleted

TerribleTed has joined the Forum

Post by terribleted »

My name is Ted. I live in Atlanta GA. I am on the Board of directors of Corvair Atlanta at the moment after serving for a number of years as club vice President. I have been playing with Corvairs since 1982. My first was a ragged 65 coupe. I have owned and restored the following: 64 Convertible 110 stick, 65 coupe 110 auto, 62 loadside 110 auto, 67 coupe 110 auto a/c, 66 Crown 350/stick a/c "Corvitis", 65 coupe 110 auto "Corvicillin" ....I currently have a 62 Lakewood project car that I will eventually custom build. I owned a small auto body and repair shop for 14 years during which time I restored and worked on many Corvairs besides my own (closed it in 2007). I currently do my own thing and a ltitle part time work form a 30x30 garage behind the house. Some of my work can be seen on my old business Website tedsautobodyinc.com. I will lurk here and interject help/comments when I can. I find it refreshing that someone has a real forum for Corvair guys to interact. Sorry Virtual Vairs convoluted email list stuff just never worked for me.
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
James Swazey

Re: TerribleTed has joined the Forum

Post by James Swazey »

Hi there Ted..Just got the Vair bug myself....never really gave them much thought untill this nice 63 (same year as me) came up on kijiji. The previous owner claims it just has a bent push rod. He took the motor apart and got the parts to fix but never got around to it as he had other projects on the go also, that was 10 years ago. Sat in a corner of his garage untill I bought it 3 weeks ago. Right now Im just sorting through the parts and cleaning things up and trying to educate myself on vairs.....With guys like you and so many others on here maybe I might just learn a thing or two....
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

What's happenin' Ted?.....yup, this place is refreshing...a real forum. Not quite "jamming" yet, but hey....I think it will. Nice to have ya here.
indianalakewood1961
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by indianalakewood1961 »

Welcome Ted.. Cant wait to see what that Lakewood will look like.. :welcome2:
James Swazey

Post by James Swazey »

indianalakewood1961
Welcome Ted.. Cant wait to see what that Lakewood will look like...

I cant wait either after looking at your old buisness web site....
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

Do not hold your breath. It is/has been a long term project (more long term than project) for a while. Likely to be a couple years yet before I get moving on it much. Do not want anyone suffocating:)
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
bill pierson

Post by bill pierson »

Ted has built or helped build some of the very best and beautiful Corvairs including DARTHVAIR of Chuck Armers. By the way, another great show in Helen last weekend. Ted is the chief judge at that event.
Bill Pierson
Butcher&Vairs

Post by Butcher&Vairs »

Attachments
65TURBO 006.JPG
Rafee Corvair, parts and service, in the heartland of the USA
http://www.rafeecorvair.com
tel: 918-753-2486, available 7 days a week, no charge for advice

Return to “Introductions”