New to the Forum

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Jimbo1996

New to the Forum

Post by Jimbo1996 »

Hi to all.
I just want to introduce myself & my Corvair. I am from Luxemburg and own a sedan 700 from 61 (project car) which i got from someone who wanted to take it to the scrapyard. It is my first Car and there is a lot of work to do, thats why i decided to join this Forum. :chevy:
Attachments
IMG_2505.JPG
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: New to the Forum

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2:
Wow! Luxemburg! Your challenges sound as lonely as your Corvair looks in that garage! A very rare car in Europe.

I hope that we can be of some assistance, but it is hard to guess what your needs will be. Restoring a Corvair is always somewhat difficult -- even in America -- but things we take for granted and that seem relatively easy to accomplish here must always be a difficult challenge for you in Europe. I have corresponded with Corvair owners who are members of this Forum in England and Germany, and I know we have other members in other parts of Europe, and obtaining parts and supplies, and dealing with high costs of shipping, import taxes, etc. always seems to be a challenge for European Corvair owners. I hope we can assist you. Just let us know about your needs.

You mentioned that this is your first car. Do you have any mechanical experience or training? Do you have American tools available, since the car is not metric?

I did a little research looking for CORSA (Corvair Society of America) chapters in Europe, and there are only a few:

Chevrolet Corvair Club of Paris 914
10 Dourdan France paul.dupuis-philipponnet@industrie.gouv.fr

Corvair Club Nederland 1071 VS Amsterdam Netherlands

Swiss Corvair Club CH-2540 Grenchen Switzerland utgrenchen@bluewin.ch

Here are some links that you might find to be useful...

CORSA Chapter Locator
https://www.corvair.org/index.php?optio ... wCount=100

Clark's Corvair Parts
http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/pages.cgi?category=home

Corvair Tech Pages Index
http://1969corvair.com/techpages/Corvai ... Index.html

Early Model Corvair Shop Manual & Other Useful Manuals
http://www.corvair.org/chapters/corvanatics/manuals.php

The last link above will let you download sections of the 1961 Corvair shop manual in Adobe Reader (.pdf) format. The shop manual, if you don't have one, will be very valuable to you to guide you with repair and maintenance procedures.

Again, please let us know what we can do to provide you with assistance. Good luck with your project! :wave:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Jimbo1996 wrote:......which i got from someone who wanted to take it to the scrapyard.
Looks like you prevented a crime from being committed! :clap: Hey, welcome Jimbo! It's always nice to see another one saved from the crusher! Your car looks very original and untouched. I especially like those outside mirrors mounted up on the fenders like that. Cheers! Hope you can make some fast progress on it! Let us know if you need any info...... :guitar: :checkeredflag:
Jimbo1996

Post by Jimbo1996 »

Thanks for your support and the helful links. :ty:
To answer the questions:Yes i have mechanical experience and access to American tools because my dad is also a car enthusiast and owns 3 old american cars/trucks.
I am very glad that I have found this Forum. :tu:
Leon Tombong

Post by Leon Tombong »

Welcome to the site. Cheers! :welcome2:
65 Corvette L78
65 Turbo Coupe
auto parts warehouse
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Welcome!