Greetings!

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Greetings!

Post by UNSAFE »

Ira asked >>>>So do they have a kindergarten type class for beginning autocrossers... I mean without shelling out the cash to hang in the SCCA?<<<

Ira - many cities have autocrosses where anyone can compete. Often different marques have events that let other cars enter to help with costs.

The Corvair conventions let anyone run but the class is based on the car and not the driver's ability.

My car is in SM (street modified) for the most part but I could likely be protested into CP (competetion) because of some minor details.

You will have the most chance of actually winning in the more stock type classes.

I
Attachments
946.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
Ira

Re: Greetings!

Post by Ira »

Cool.

Thanks...

I know there's a lot more to autocrossing than meets the eye. Actual skills are involved...

Me? Heck, all I would want to do is go out and screw around a bit.

I'll be at the Goodguys show here in a couple of months to watch my first autocross. I'll take everything in and make a decision on what I'm going to do once the car is completed.... which should be sometime around Christmas if all goes well. My dad will have some of his money invested in this car as well so it won't just be my decision...

Anyhow thanks again.

IRa :chevy:

Return to “Introductions”