New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
mamavair

Post by mamavair »

A friend of mine races corvairs, and is pretty darn good at it...I will always support a friend! As a youngster, my folks always tooks us to the races on the weekends. Have wanted to do 'powder-puff- ever since (think it's called 'Pinks' now. My favorite car was my Fiat Spyder. Used to race it...nothin' like smokin' somebody...specially vettes, trans ams and such with a little four banger. And, I have an appreciation for older american builts.
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: New Member

Post by UNSAFE »

Welcome MamaBear :welcome2:

She wrote >>>>>My favorite car was my Fiat Spyder.<<<<

Yeah, I've driven and worked on a few Fiats --- Fix It Again Tony !

A friend from HS had a little rear engined 850 Spyder. It was fun to drive but pretty gutless.

I drove and repaired a few 124s- Ugh . Who'd have thought that if you didn't time the auxilery shaft properly that it would even matter. Heck -It just runs the dang fuel pump.

Surprise - The crankshaft WILL hit the lobe for the fuel pump :dontknow:

Drove a Lancia Scorpion - it was a high revving blast !

"UNSAFE"
Attachments
fiat spyder.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

Welcome!! :clap:
1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
BritCars

Post by BritCars »

I had a '72 Fiat 124 Spider in the early '80's in Vermont. What a great sports car, a nice change from my rougher MG's. The 5-speed was a joy to use, the car had a real heater, a reasonable ride and fine handling for its weight. High rpm torque was not the best recipe for winter driving but good snow tires helped a lot. I sold the car running a couple of years later when rust overwhelmed it and suffered for the next 8 years in an MG Midget as penance.

The Fiat 850 almost became a purchase but I shied away from some required front end work. The 850 says it all about the engine, but it had great panache and I loved rear wheel drive. A college roommate had a new 850 coupe in the late 60's and it proved itself a great snow car in Vermont.

Welcome to this forum. Where are you located? There are some wild enthusiasts here, which makes it great fun.

Jeff
Jeff Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
http://www.landroverwriter.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'66 Corvair Monza Coupe 110/4
'66 Land Rover Series II-A 88"
'80 Triumph Spitifre
'80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
MonzaDave

Post by MonzaDave »

Welcome! I bought a '72 Fiat 124 Spider new. It was a great car -- never had a problem of any kind. I really wanted an Alfa GTV, but it was too much money for a toy car. The 124 was a replacement for my '69 Corvair which has been sitting in the garage since I bought the 124. The 124 began its rust phase after I'd had it for about 3 years, so it went in trade on a new '75 Saab 99.
Dave Keillor
Rochester, MN
Butcher&Vairs

Post by Butcher&Vairs »

:welcome2: Welcome to the Forum. I have never owned a Fiat, but I dig the designs of several models. Keep them rolling, peace out ! :rafman:
Attachments
82fiat.jpg
82fiat.jpg (18.83 KiB) Viewed 620 times
Rafee Corvair, parts and service, in the heartland of the USA
http://www.rafeecorvair.com
tel: 918-753-2486, available 7 days a week, no charge for advice
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

HOWDY!! :cool:
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
mamavair

Post by mamavair »

LOL...

I like older american built vehicles that can haul some 'deriere'. Am in Springfield MO, currently. Hang out with my buddy friends here that have vehicles in car shows here...hard when you don't have one to show at the moment.....
Leon Renaud

Post by Leon Renaud »

Forget the "Powder Puffs/Pinks"get a car and build yourself a street stock or enduro car and go race!The days of "ladies races" are over!Your as capable as any rookie racer out there today pick you favorite type racing and build yourself an entry level class car for it.Been there done that!I can remember the big sign right next to the pit entrance in 1970 "NO LADIES beyond this point "I always thought that wasn't fair since I had two female cousins that could out do me around stock cars and they were both 3 years younger than me!

Return to “Introductions”