Welcome to Bill Pierson !

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Welcome to Bill Pierson !

Post by UNSAFE »

Welcome Bill !
- I see Bill is a recent member. Bill was the first contact I had with the outside Corvair world.

Back around 1990 when I just got the one owner 68 Sprint from an estate I contacted Bill by telephone to ask him several questions about the Sprint which I really knew nothing about. I found his phone number in the ad section of an old copy of the CORSA Communique. A stack of Communiques came with the car and I had never heard of CORSA at the time. I didn't even know about Clark's or the Underground back then.
Bill was very helpful and we've crossed paths at a few conventions .

He also introduced me to JR Long whom I bought many NOS parts from. Wonder how JR's doing or if --------

Kevin
Attachments
sprint3.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
bill pierson

Re: Welcome to Bill Pierson !

Post by bill pierson »

Kevin and all,
I remember the calls from Alaska very well. I was real happy it was your nickel. I still see your 68 Sprint regularly as Tim and I are real good friends. I was responsible for Tim getting into Corsa and our chapter. These things tend to feed off each other. I had the Sprint that Rob Landers now owns. It was a real good car that I never liked. Rob does so we are both happy. I just finished a 66 Turbo convert for Rob that is really nice.
JR (Bob ) Long died a couple years ago. He was responsible for getting me into an active Corvair club in Springfield. A true gentleman and a great friend to me over the years.
This is going to be a good forum. Everyne needs to do all possible to make it successfull
Bill Pierson

Return to “Introductions”