New to the forum

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
JDGriggs

New to the forum

Post by JDGriggs »

Hi, all,

I've been enjoying reading through some of the forum material lately and thought I'd join up!

I first fell in love with the Corvair when I saw my first one back in ~2000. Just driving along and there it was, forsaken and forlorn in a guys side yard, ugly black and orange "For Sale" sign in the window. After about a week, I decided that I needed this car in my life, so I called him up, told him to hold it for me, and I drove the 600 miles back to his house with a friend. I actually fired it up and drove the 500 all the way home. One of my most treasured memories... we took about three days to drive and fish our way home. Glorious.

Anyhow, that was my first Corvair. A '66 white, three speed, model 500 with the 110. It was in such amazing condition too... didn't fully realize what I had, to tell the truth. Reluctantly I sold that guy about six years later.

About two weeks ago I bought another Corvair though. This one is a '66 Aztec Bronze Monza with the 110 and a Powerglide. My wifes uncle decided it was time for him to sell, so he gave us first option. We decided, eh, we needed another road trip. So this time we drove 900 miles to pick it up. Decided we should tow it, though, since I now have responsibilities like getting back to work and kids and pets, etc., just in case something happened. Anyhow, took a dolly, loaded it up backward, and brought it home.

Now I'm working through a few things on the car, like trying to figure out how to actually work on it. Didn't really do any work to my first Corvair, under it anyhow. This one I'm digging into a bit. Ya'll probably hear a bit from me as I work through it all!
JD
'66 Corvair 500
'66 Corvair Monza

"[...] we have to go on record and say that the Corvair is in our opinion [...] the most beautiful car to appear in this country since before World War II." - Car and Driver (October 1964 issue)
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: New to the forum

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts in Shelburne Falls, MA is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your first post and tell us more about yourself, as well as about your 1966 500 and Monza coupes. If you can provide your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, your Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your location can also be useful, as that information can sometimes suggest possibilities and options. If possible, I hope you will post some pictures of your recent Corvair acquisition as well.

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
doug6423

Post by doug6423 »

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
65 Monza
Cincinnati, OH
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Welcome JD! Let us know how things are rolling along with your new addition!

Return to “Introductions”