Another new guy from Washington State.

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Jayb633

Another new guy from Washington State.

Post by Jayb633 »

Hello everyone,
A new guy to the forum from Mill Creek Washington. My wife an I have owned a 64 vert for a few years. Have time now to do some needed work so I'm reading posts and may ask a few questions. Thanks
the 64
the 64
flat6_musik

Re: Another new guy from Washington State.

Post by flat6_musik »

:welcomeparty: Welcome to the forums! Niicccee!!!
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:wave: :welcome2: ::-): Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

:clap: Glad to hear you and your wife will be engaging in some Corvair revival in the coming months. In addition to the good support you will find here on the Corvair Forum, I would like to encourage your interest in possibly joining a local club chapter of CORSA (Corvair Society of America). These like-minded Corvair groups can often provide good local support and guidance in your effort, as well as technical training, social events, etc.

ImageCorvairs Northwest — Tukwila, WA :link: https://www.corvairsnorthwest.org/
Corvairs Northwest is one of the biggest and most active Corvair Clubs on the west coast – with many interesting get-togethers for our members throughout the year.

In addition to our monthly meetings at Sizzler in SouthCenter and our board meetings at Tatoosh Grill in Fife – We get together in February with our sister club North Cascades Corvairs for the Sweetheart Cruise tour and gathering. Each year we enjoy a Spring Tune-up Day when we meet at Kent Sullivan’s fabulous Corvair Garage which has a car lift open to our members for tune-ups and minor repairs. Then in April or May one of the 7 Northwest regional Corvair clubs hosts a Corvair Econorun tour with a car show and banquet included. June is our club picnic at one of our member’s home – providing lots of Corvair conversations and tire kicking opportunities. In July we host our own unique Orphan and Discontinued Car Show at the beautiful showgrounds at Griot’s in S. Tacoma We feature a large variety of seldom-seen 20th Century vehicles through 1990.

In October we feature a Fall Cruise with awards given for the first and second place winners as we dine together afterwards at a local restaurant. November features our popular Fall Tune-up Day and Potluck lunch at the home of one of our members. A trunk swap meet is also part of the day’s activities. In December we have our Christmas Dinner Party for another day of feasting and fellowship and FUN.
Monthly Meetings at Sizzler 16615 Southcenter Pkwy, Tukwila, WA 98188

40 min (33.8 mi) via I-405 S

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your post and tell us more about yourself, as well as about your Corvair. Your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, your Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you, your Corvair, and you plans for your Corvair will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing where you live also helps, as your location may suggest some possibilities or solutions. Detailed photographs of your Corvair, including interior, trunk, and engine compartment would be great!

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader (.pdf) format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. While the Corvair Forum can be very helpful as you work on your Corvair, having local friends and contacts in your region who are knowledgeable about the Corvair can also be very helpful. These family-friendly CORSA club chapters often offer picnics, group scenic drives, technical training and assistance, car shows, and competition events that can greatly enhance your enjoyment of Corvair ownership. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:welcome: :tongue:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Jayb633

Post by Jayb633 »

Brad,
Actually an on and off member of CORSA for a while now and as of a few weeks ago, on again for at least the next 2 years. I also joined the local club again as the membership had lapsed awhile back.
Thanks for the links, sad to hear that Corvair Underground had closed, they were always fun to visit. I currently have an order incoming from Clark's but looking at California Corvair parts as a source for west coast parts and shipping.
Thanks

Return to “Introductions”