Hi All!

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
minijinx

Hi All!

Post by minijinx »

Hey guys! Figured I would finally make an account here. I've owned a 1962 Corvair coupe now for about 5 years, however its a project and it hasn't ran since the 1980s. The motor was locked up when I got it and its been in the process of a rebuild now for years. I've gotten some time as of late and I've decided to start working on it again. I have many questions and ideas but I'll save those for another post.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Hi All!

Post by bbodie52 »

:clap: :wave: :welcome2: Congratulations on your decision to tackle your languishing 1962 Corvair project. :wrench: And welcome to the Corvair Forum! I believe you will find a lot of support and encouragement here on the Forum!

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your post and tell us more about yourself, as well as about your Corvair. Your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, your Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you, your Corvair, and you plans for your Corvair will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing where you live also helps, as your location may suggest some possibilities or solutions. Detailed photographs of your Corvair, including interior, trunk, and engine compartment would be great!

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader (.pdf) format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. While the Corvair Forum can be very helpful as you work on your Corvair, having local friends and contacts in your region who are knowledgeable about the Corvair can also be very helpful. These family-friendly CORSA club chapters often offer picnics, group scenic drives, technical training and assistance, car shows, and competition events that can greatly enhance your enjoyment of Corvair ownership. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: Hi All!

Post by Scott H »

Welcome!
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)

Return to “Introductions”