I'm New To The Forum

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
MBs6Corsa

I'm New To The Forum

Post by MBs6Corsa »

Hello, My name is Bob Zanella, and I currently live in Groveland, Fl. I am new to this forum but not to Corvairs. My first ride in a Corvair was around November of 1959 when I was barely 3 y/o and went with my mom to Cochituate Motors in Mass to pick up our brand new 1960 4-door Corvair. In late 1964 the 60 was traded for a 65 4-door Monza. It went on from there with my dad and me. at 15, I had a red 65 Corsa convertible but had to sell it as we were moving to Fl. I never got them out of my blood.
Currently I have 2 66 Corsas and a 64 convertible. One Corsa we drive and the other two Vairs are projects in progress.
steve57

Re: I'm New To The Forum

Post by steve57 »

Welcome to the Forum! Post some pics of your Vairs , even the projects . Everyone loves pics.
Steve
Bakersfield,CA
1969 monza coupe
110, 4speed
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum! It seems that our Corvair history has paralleled each other somewhat. I also began at a young age, with my parents' purchase of a new 1961 Monza coupe in San Jose, California when i was only about 8 years old. Our Monza was also upgraded in 1965, in our case to a new Corsa convertible (the choice was a Mustang Fastback or a Corvair — the Corvair won! I learned to drive in that car, tested for my first driver's license in that car, and although it started out as Mist Blue, I ended up owning it for many years while I was in the Air Force and eventually had it painted red, as shown in the images below...

Warren and son Brad Bodie in 1965, soon after he bought our Mist Blue 1965 Corsa convertible. This Corvair remained in our family from 1965 to 1995. It was later painted dark green (1969), and then red 1979)

1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible 140hp 4x1 - Spring 1980 - Base Housing - Hanscom AFB, MA

We also now own a 1966 Corsa convertible. I bought it several years ago from a classic car dealer not far from you, in Lakeland, Florida.

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your post and tell us more about yourself, as well as about your Corvair. Your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities helps a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, your Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you, your Corvair, and you plans for your Corvair will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Would also love to see some pictures of your Corvairs.

Image :link: https://www.corvair.org/index.php?optio ... crmSID=3_u

Are you a member of CORSA (Corvair Society of America)? There is a CORSA club chapter not far from you in the St. Petersburg area.

Suncoast Corvairs St Petersburg, FL :link: https://www.suncoastcorvairclub.com/

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. While the Corvair Forum can be very helpful as you work on your Corvair, having local friends and contacts in your region who are knowledgeable about the Corvair can also be very helpful. These family-friendly CORSA club chapters often offer picnics, group scenic drives, technical training and assistance, car shows, and competition events that can greatly enhance your enjoyment of Corvair ownership. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
MBs6Corsa

Post by MBs6Corsa »

I am a member of CORSA, also our local club: Central Florida Corvairs. I have a small hobby shop where I can do almost anything I want(wife permitting), welding, small machine work, engine/trans/body work, not yet set up for painting but will be.
Attachments
20180831_190939.jpg
012.JPG
Bruins_Fan
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Bruins_Fan »

Nice Vairs! Welcome to CF from the Boston area (North Shore). Sounds like you're originally from out towards the Framingham/Natick area.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Corvair Forum mobile app

'66 Monza Convertible 110hp Powerglide
MBs6Corsa

Post by MBs6Corsa »

Nailed it!!! Born in Hudson. Live my first four years in Ashland, then until I was almost 16 in Sherborn. Worked at a garage in Framingham from 12-15 hen moved here!
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Welcome to CF Bob! Nice Vairs! :burnout:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
61SuperMonza

Post by 61SuperMonza »

Great looking cars. Welcome
First corvair in 1985
Have owned 4 corvairs since
65 Corsa coupe 180 turbo