new guy 61 8 door

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
cfishe5

new guy 61 8 door

Post by cfishe5 »

Just got my first corvair....well corvan i should say. Its a 61 8 door from Reno, Nevada and looks to be totally rust free. it doesnt realy run to well right now so until i feel like messing with the motor, im going to airbag it 1st. I cut the rear tophats off yesterday and flatplated the bottom A arm, looks like a 2500 bag fits like a glove! Easy! By the way...a little about me...i own Vintage Customs in Clearwater,Florida(www.vintage-customs.com) and ive been building 1st class VWs and American Customs for 13 years now. OK back to the project...anyhow, gonna have to make my own shift rod it looks like and im gonna remove the gas tank and use my 66 C-10 behind the seat tank. Im planning on doing this in a 60s custom look so it will be on Asto Supreme wheels and pinner white walls, bellflower dual exhaust, HEAVILY FLAKED roofand middle body lines, with panel laced roof. This will probably become the shop van so logos will be on sides....ill post pics later so wish me luck! Thanks for havin me! Chad
ratfink

Re: new guy 61 8 door

Post by ratfink »

Looking forward to seeing PicS,,,Welcome aboard!
ratfink

Post by ratfink »

Just went to Your site! WOW I'm really looking forward to Your new project!
cfishe5

Post by cfishe5 »

Thanks! im hoping to make this a one of a kind for sure. All my friends are driving Econolines and now that they want them lowered and they see how sweet the corvan setup is..they all wished they bought one of these. lol I cant wait to see it laid out on the ground all 60'd out. Ordered my metalflaked silver steeringwheel today as well....im excited! Im putting a motor in my 46 so i can drive again(my daily driver) so once ive buttoned things up there i can start spending more time and money on the van. Thanks for the encouragement!
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

:welcome2: to the site. I like your work and I can't wait to see your Corvan.

Have you checked out this guys Corvan?
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1033&hilit=road+trip
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hello and Welcome, Your work looks great!!! I too do paint & body work AND have a 64 8door panel van, have big
plans for it too. Looking forward to seein pics. of yours, I'm sure it will be wicked. Also would like to see & know
more about the air bags???? Lots of luck and have fun, there are a lot of helpful guys here. PM me if I can be
of any help although it may be the other way around, I may need your help. LOL Send pics. THANKS Jimbo in Tenn
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

Welcome. All this talk of a rust free 8 door, and no pics, what a teeze. Lol, jk. Hope you post some soon
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
cfishe5

Post by cfishe5 »

Thanks for the warm welcome! Ive been out of town so now that im back ill shoot some pics of whats started. This process will be slow due to the fact i have to work on customer cars all the time and im building 2 other cars personally at this time too! MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!!! I cant seem to make enough to build all these at once! lol Anyhow..ill do what i can! Thanks again for the welcome! Chad
mlevair

Post by mlevair »

Welcome aboard I used to have corvan that I fixed up. Im pretty much into late models now. Keep us posted.
Michael LeVeque
LeVair Performance & Restoration
Anderson,IN
765-617-9307
Butcher&Vairs

Post by Butcher&Vairs »

:welcome2: ......... :chevy:
Attachments
DSC00610.JPG
Rafee Corvair, parts and service, in the heartland of the USA
http://www.rafeecorvair.com