New 66 Corsa Owner

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
LilBlue66Corsa

New 66 Corsa Owner

Post by LilBlue66Corsa »

Hi All
New to the site. My name is Ernie. I live in Eclectic, AL (Yes it's the real name). I'm recently the proud owner of a '66 Corsa. Car is all original but much in need of TLC. Body is rough, but salvageable. I'm searching for a rear seat riser and firewall as mine has some severe rust.

Anyway, glad to be here.

Ernie
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: New 66 Corsa Owner

Post by bbodie52 »

ec·lec·tic
əˈklektik/

adjective
  1. deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.
    "her musical tastes are eclectic"
    synonyms: wide-ranging, broad-based, extensive, comprehensive, encyclopedic
  2. PHILOSOPHY
    of, denoting, or belonging to a class of ancient philosophers who did not belong to or found any recognized school of thought but selected such doctrines as they wished from various schools.
noun
  1. a person who derives ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.
Eclectic
Town in Alabama
Population: 1,026 :whoa:

Location of Eclectic in Elmore County, Alabama.

:wave: :welcome2: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum! Somehow, it seems right for a Corvair Corsa owner to live in the town of Eclectic!

Your rust area description is unique. Can you post some pictures of the rust area and the rest of your Corvair?

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. While the Corvair Forum can be very helpful as you work on your Corvair, having local friends and contacts in your region who are knowledgeable about the Corvair can also be very helpful. These family-friendly CORSA chapters often offer picnics, group scenic drives, technical training and assistance, car shows, and competition events that can greatly enhance your enjoyment of Corvair ownership. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. I think you will be amazed at the quality of the reproduction components they offer — particularly the interior carpeting and re-upholstery items. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your earlier posts and tell us more about yourself. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your specific location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities.

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

If you want some good solid Western sheet metal you can contact davemotohead who posts here and at the Corvair Center

He email is davemotohead93560@yahoo.com
Apittslife

Post by Apittslife »

Welcome , & Congrats.

I am a new owner of a 66 corsa as well.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I just took a look, and discovered that there is only one CORSA club chapter in Alabama. If you are interested, they are located about 80 miles northwest of Eclectic, in Chelsea, Alabama, just south of Birmingham.

Vulcan Corvair Enthusiasts

:link: http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter352/

147 Crossbrook Dr.
Chelsea, AL 35043-9590

Phone: (205) 678-7979

The club was formed as Chapter #352 of the Corvair Society of America in1974. Membership is open to everyone.
For information contact...
Billy Cannon
420 Orchid Rd
Birmingham AL 35215-7220

Phone: (205) 849-9216

EMail: gtochief@gmail.com

President: John Cleveland
Vice President: Richard Stolzmann
Secretary: Steve Daniels
Treasurer: Howard Tutt
Newsletter Editor: Billy Cannon

NOTE: Phone numbers and street addresses have not been confirmed
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
LilBlue66Corsa

Post by LilBlue66Corsa »

Thanks All,
I'll snap some pics and load them soon. I'm a hot rodder and know quite a bit about Chevy and Ford V8s. I've built several street rods, the latest being an '83 El Camino. My tastes tend toward the non-mainstream cars, which is why I jumped at the little Corsa. My intentions are to restore the little car, with the help of my girlfriend, so she can share in the hobby. I'm experienced in engine building and tuning, suspension and driveline, electrical and hydraulic systems. Although the Corvair requires some unique knowledge, it's still a collection of mechanical and electrical systems. I offer freely any assistance I can to you all.
Ernie
rfw66

Post by rfw66 »

Im happy to hear that another 66 Corsa is being saved.
Your prior experience will serve you well with your new acquisition! Good luck with your Corvair.. They are addictive!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
Bob W
65 Corsa convertible
68 Monza coupe
dave t

Post by dave t »

Another good source for used sheet metal is california corvair. Give Jeff a call and tell him what you need. He will keep an eye out for the stuff if he doesn't already have it in stock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Corvair Forum mobile app

Return to “Introductions”