Hello From Westminster, MD

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
gaylon

Hello From Westminster, MD

Post by gaylon »

Hi, my name is Gaylon Morris and I have a 1966 Corsa Convertible with a Turbo.
I am retired and I have had a Corvair for most of my adult life.
My first car was a 1964 Spyder Convertible.
I have owned this Corsa for alittle over 10 years.
Its an older, circa 1990, restoration from an Ohio Company known as World of Corvair by Don Schneider.
I recently overhauled the fuel system with a new tank, all new rubber, a new fuel pump, new filter and a rebuilt carb.
It is running awesome- I strongly recommend a carb rebuild as it made a tremendous difference in the cold start and hot performance characteristics of the engine.
I also went over the brakes as part of this refresh.
Most of the Corvairs that I have owned have been Turbo's.
I am looking to put it in a local body shop for the winter to get it repainted and to have a minor/costly flaw corrected.
The leading edge gap on the passenger side door is too tight.
I believe the car was in a fender bender before I got it and the repair was not quite right.
Now that the car is running so well and I have the time to deal with a BS while that repair my car, I am anxious to get it right.
I will keep you all in the loop as this projects unfolds.....gm
Attachments
IMG_2598.JPG
IMG_2593.JPG
IMG_2592.JPG
IMG_2844.JPG
caraholic4life

Re: Hello From Westminster, MD

Post by caraholic4life »

Welcome to the Corvair Forum. :welcome2:

I too live in Westminster Maryland (Just off of Route 27 about four miles south of 140).
It is nice being close enough to the Corvair Ranch in Gettysburg PA that I can go pick up parts if I need to. :my02:

Back in 1973 my first car was a 1963 Corvair 500 coupe with a PG. I sold it before it was ever licensed and used the funds to purchase my first 1965 Corsa Convertible. Over the years I had three'65 Corsa Convertibles, a Greenbrier, a Monza Wagon, a Kelmark Mid Engine coupe and many others. They are as you may know already, an addiction.

My current Corvair is still in pieces like it was when I bought it several years ago, it has not seen any use for the better part of 35 years now but it is my hope to change that and make it more of a daily driver than a driveway ornament.

Notes:
Blue Monza Coupe is my current Corvair.
Maroon Corsa Vert is my 3rd Car. (Bought as a non running car.)
Red Corsa Vert was my second car which I used as parts when I found a better bodied car.
Black Early was my first car. (Years after I sold it, them bought it back again)
The Corsa Vert next to the '63 500 was also mine at one point in time.
Attachments
IMG_4707..JPG
IMG_4708.JPG
IMG_4709.JPG
65CorsaCNIMG_0005.jpg
65CorsaCNIMG_0005.jpg (32.41 KiB) Viewed 258 times
63-500IMG_0013.jpg
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
gaylon

Re: Hello From Westminster, MD

Post by gaylon »

Thanks for the welcome!
I live just south of Westminster in Finksburg, off Deerpark and Kaysmill Roads- no one ever knows where Finksburg is, so I just go with Westminster!
Thats a nice looking '65!
My Corsa has 32K on it and it runs great since I went through the fuel system.
Inlet Hoses were shot, tank was cruddy and the carb rebuild made a tremendous cold start difference- starts in 2 short start attempts after sitting for days!
Low end tongue increase was amazing after the rebuild!
A fella in Union Bridge named Bill did the work for $100.(best $100 I've spent recently)
The interior of your '65 looks nice!
gm

Return to “Introductions”