introduction

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
richard erow

introduction

Post by richard erow »

hello new at this online stuff
my name is richard and i have corvairs a 66 coup two 65 four doors,all auto 110s.
and my newest is a true barn find 1963. spyder convertable. Image

Sent from my SM-J727P using Corvair Forum mobile app

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: introduction

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: :wave: Welome to the Corvair Forum! Congratulations on your Spyder "barn find". I used to own a white 1963 Spyder convertible back in 1970-1971. I was 17 at the time and drove it daily to high school in Thousand Oaks, California.

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. While the Corvair Forum can be very helpful as you work on your Corvair, having local friends and contacts in your region who are knowledgeable about the Corvair can also be very helpful. These family-friendly CORSA chapters often offer picnics, group scenic drives, technical training and assistance, car shows, and competition events that can greatly enhance your enjoyment of Corvair ownership. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. I think you will be amazed at the quality of the reproduction components they offer — particularly the interior carpeting and re-upholstery items. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Also, do you have a garage to work in and hand tools, jack stands and a floor jack, etc. to support a restoration project? Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities.

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
richard erow

Post by richard erow »

thank you. i live in newark ohio i work at crispin iron and metal. have been there 16 years. i do have a garage and basic hand tools. so far ive been able to do all the work on my vairs myself.i have rebuilt h model carbs,done pushrod tube sealing,changed a couple of engines in my 65. have owned vairs for about 10 years now.the spyder is my first stick and first turbo,so im learning lots of new stuff. ive been getting my parts from clarks since my first vair. they are great.
just purchased and installed new tank added a return fuel line kit as my 63 is a early and did not have a factory installed one. my 63 has sat for 22 years,but was put away the rite way. so points condenser and had her running out of a gas can new master cylinder and i was driving around back yard. finished tank install yesterday and was driving down the road. need to rebuild yh carb not familiar with it any tips or tricks would be very helpful.thank you

Danny Joe

Post by Danny Joe »

Welcome!
Get Bob Helt's book on the Corvair YH, he explains how everything works as well as very good tips on adjustments and setups. You can get it from Clark's or direct from Bob.
'64 Spyder Convertible
'63 Rampside (to be Rotisseried)
Toney, Alabama (just outside Huntsville)
richard erow

Post by richard erow »

thank you im new at this online stuff bare with me. ill check my clarks cat. i allready have the rebuid kit.

Return to “Introductions”