Just joined the group

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Cowboybob

Just joined the group

Post by Cowboybob »

My name is Bob. I'm 66 yrs old. I have a 64 convertible, red on red with a white top. I live in Michigan so it goes up for cold weather. Hope to learn more about maintaining my vair
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Just joined the group

Post by azdave »

Welcome! Show us a few pics when you have a chance and don't be afraid to ask questions or answer them. How long have you owned your 64?
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:wave: :wave: :welcome2: Welcome, Bob, to the Corvair Forum!

:dontknow: I hope you will post some pictures and tell us a little more about your Corvair. I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, as well! If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, your Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your location in Michigan is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities.

My parents were both from Michigan — My mother was born in the northwest area in Frankfort, and my father was born and raised in Detroit.They introduced me to Corvairs when I was only 8 years old in 1961, when they purchased a brand new 1961 Monza coupe, which they later upgraded to a 1965 Corsa convertible, in which I learned how to drive and took my first driver's test. My wife and I currently own our tenth family Corvair — a 1966 Corsa convertible that we purchased in 2012 as we celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary.

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. While the Corvair Forum can be very helpful as you work on your Corvair, having local friends and contacts in your region who are knowledgeable about the Corvair can also be very helpful. These family-friendly CORSA chapters often offer picnics, group scenic drives, technical training and assistance, car shows, and competition events that can greatly enhance your enjoyment of Corvair ownership. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. I think you will be amazed at the quality of the reproduction components they offer — particularly the interior carpeting and re-upholstery items. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

ImageImage
There are two CORSA club chapters in Michigan, if you are interested...

Detroit Area Corvair Club :link: http://detroitcorvairs.com/

West Michigan Corvair Club :link: http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter495/

There will be a big Corvair Homecoming in Plymouth, MI on August 23 - 26 2017
:link: http://www.detroitcorvairs.com/Homecoming2017.html

For additional information, contact: Pete Cimbala (810) 621-9866 or (810) 241-8593
38th DACC Homecoming Flyer 2017.pdf
38th DACC Homecoming Flyer 2017
(473.51 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Cowboybob

Post by Cowboybob »

I've had it since the end of last year's show season. It was in very good shape when I got it but as with all 50+ yr old cars there are always things that need attention. I drive it a bunch. Just passes the 60k mark.

Return to “Introductions”