New to Forum, Old to Corvairs

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
gjb49

New to Forum, Old to Corvairs

Post by gjb49 »

Discovered your site yesterday. I am currently on my 3rd Corvair.

In 1965 my father purchased a used 1963 700 4-door sedan, which eventually became my 1st car. In 1969 I traded it for a new Nova. In late 1971 I sold the Nova when I was ordered to go to Italy. When I came back in Sept 1972 I needed a car to get to my last base, Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City. I found a 1966 Monza 110. I kept it until early 1974, after I had been discharged, and bought a FIAT 850 Sport Spyder.

Fast forward to 2014, when I had the funds to get a classic car and I purchased a 1966 Monza 110. What is great about this car is it is all original with 19,000 miles. What's wrong with it is it's all original with 19,000 miles. I have solved most of the problems - it's amazing what a new battery will do. It's almost finished, only a couple more bushings to go.

Currently, this Corvair is a Barn Find. Every time I go to drive it, I open the Barn and Find it.
Jerry Whitt

Re: New to Forum, Old to Corvairs

Post by Jerry Whitt »

Welcome to the Forum! As you go to the Barn, from time to time some little "bug" will show up. Many of the readers will help to get the help needed.
Jerry Whitt
ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECHNICIAN
Retired
Hemet, Callifornia
65 Monza, purchased new
65 Corsa convertible

Return to “Introductions”