Corvair Guy in Brazil

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Jim Smith

Corvair Guy in Brazil

Post by Jim Smith »

First, let me say I no longer own a Corvair. I am a fan and did have a '67 Monza 140 that I autocrossed very successfully in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky for 7 years. IN that time, the car was never defeated by any American V8, no Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds or any other "big iron" In fact, my strongest competition was by an amazingly well-driven Mini Cooper. Eventually, the shifting competition rules put us in different classes. Then I went over 3 years without losing an event.

To be fair, by then, the '67 was far from stock. The modifications were too extensive to list here but it was still streetable.

If I have figured out the image insertion, here is a picture in its final form. Those are Goodyear Formula B tires on 13X7" rims. The springs were originally factory heavy duty but I had cut one coil off each one so, on the racing tires it sat lower than a stock 911. With the engine taken out to about 181 cid, and a Holley 4 bbl carb kit plus some cam and compression mods, it was also faster than the 911. I had a friend with one so this was put to the test more than once. I hope the photo works, if not, I'll try again after someone tells me what I did wrong. :think: I think I figured that out. I have to first have the image on another web site. I haven't done that and have no place to do it.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Corvair Guy in Brazil

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

Corvair aficionados in South America appear to be few and far between. There is one Corvair owner in your neighboring country Bolivia who is a regular here on the Corvair Forum. His name is Richard Widman, (Richard1, http://www.corvairforum.com/forum/membe ... ile&u=2412 ), and you can learn more about him and his Corvair by clicking on the following:
RICHARD'S CORVAIR :link: http://www.widman.biz/Corvair/English/index.html.

I hope you will post some pictures that cover your Corvair history. Do you plan on trying to obtain another Corvair to drive in Brazil?

Here is some material on posting pictures on the Corvair Forum. Please let me know if you have any questions...

:whoa: Photographs can be hosted on other public websites, and then shared here using the photograph image URL. Facebook is another URL source option. Alternately, individual photographs can be uploaded directly to the Corvair Forum from a computer hard drive, thumb drive, etc.

If you are not familiar with posting pictures on the Corvair Forum, here are some guidelines. I wrote these instructions a while ago to try to help new members of the Corvair Forum with posting pictures. There are two methods. Hopefully these guidelines will help you...

To be able to post pictures, always use POST REPLY — not QUICK REPLY — to open the full-featured editor.

There are basically two ways to post a digital photograph on the Corvair Forum. The first, illustrated below, involves inserting an image URL address between two Img markers. The URL image address is copied from an existing picture on the Internet. The source image can be another picture already on display within the Corvair Forum, or it can be just about any picture, artwork, or graphic image that is publicly viewable by anyone on the Internet. You simply need to copy the source image URL temporarily to the computer "clipboard", and the paste that URL address within the text you are writing on the Corvair Forum (between the two Img markers). Once you have posted your text, the Corvair Forum software will simply grab the image from the source URL and will display it embedded within your text (at the location where you embedded the Img markers and source URL).

For example, I am embedding the First Place Image and Avatar Image images to the left of this post within the text here by copying their URL addresses between two Img markers.

Here is what the above text looks like unsaved...
For example, I am embedding the First Place [img ]http://www.corvairforum.com/forum/image ... KPLATE.png[/img] and Avatar
[img ]http://www.corvairforum.com/forum/downl ... 285003.jpg[/img] images to the left of this post within the text here by copying their URL addresses between two Img markers.
Maybe this illustration will help...

You can manually copy images and pictures from other Corvair Forum posts that were embedded as uploads by right-clicking each image in the source with your right mouse button and selecting Copy image URL from the menu choices. Doing so will invisibly copy the image URL address to the computer temporary data buffer called a clipboard. Using the Img button at the top of the editor screen, and the standard PC copy and paste technique will allow you to paste that URL address data from the clipboard into your Corvair Forum text (surrounded by bracketed img markers), which will display as the original picture or image when the post has been saved for display. It illustration below depicts the process.

Click on image to enlarge for better viewing...
Corvair Forum Image Transfer.jpg
NOTE: This same technique will allow you to copy just about any graphic, photo, or other displayed image from any public website, Facebook, or other website that is not secured and is publically viewable by right-clicking the desired image, obtaining the image URL, and then pasting the URL with Img markers into your Corvair Forum text.

=========================================================================

The other method of embedding pictures involves uploading the images that you have physically stored on your computer. Simply scroll down in the editor and click on the Upload attachment tab >> Choose File >> Add the file. You can upload many pictures, but you have to add them one at a time. The Corvair Forum operating system does not allow for batch uploads of multiple files.

Either way, the pictures you upload will not be visible as photographs until you click on Preview or Submit.

=========================================================================

There is also an online help section on the Corvair Forum. See...

How to post a picture (and start a new topic)

CorvairForum Site Topics ‹ Site Specific Topics ‹ Site Features and How to Use Them ‹ How to post a picture (and start a new topic)

:link: http://www.corvairforum.com/forum/viewt ... =196&t=618

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

OK, thanks for the help. I'll try again for the pic. It works but this is not the best of pics. I think it is a scan of a Polaroid.
67 Corvair6.jpg
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

67 Corvair6.jpg
This is a little better, I think.

Return to “Introductions”