Hi! Yup, I'm a "newbie"!

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
mikeym

Hi! Yup, I'm a "newbie"!

Post by mikeym »

Hi, guys! Just got validated, thrilled to be on board!

I'm Mike, live in the Folsom/Sacrameto area of CA. Autocrossed a '64 Monza Spyder coupe in high school and college. Ached for a '65-'66, but could never scrape together enough "bread"!

Until now... Just started the hunt for a '66 Corsa - 140 hp. Would prefer one with the original RPO R64 factory air conditioning option, but understand those are exceptionally rare. Would consider retro-fitting a factory system, like Mark in AZ has done. VERY tidy! Also, with as many of the "right" options as possible: Posi, quick steering ratio, Telescopic steering column, Soft-ray glass...

Would LIKE to make/equip this one as Euro as possible - to make it more of the American Porsche it should have been, like John Fitch did with the Sprint - than a muscle car. This one's gonna be a nicely-done driver - NOT a "trailer queen"...

ANY thoughts/leads would be deeply appreciated!

Heard about a 5-speed trans conversion. Has anyone had any experience with it? Any good?

Many thanks!

Mike
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Hi! Yup, I'm a "newbie"!

Post by azdave »

Welcome to the forum!

A 66 Corsa 140 with true factory A/C is a very rare car. Finding one with quick steer, posi, tele and other rare option narrows it down to maybe 2-3 cars even existing like that anywhere. How much bread did you scrape together? :)

I know of a really nice one in Phoenix that was restored completely a few years ago. I estimate it would sell for more than $40K easily.
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door

Return to “Introductions”