The Newbie

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Coto_Pete

The Newbie

Post by Coto_Pete »

I located a "toy" that met my criteria including the small size available for the open slot in my garage and a stick shift so I don't completely lose my skills in double clutching,etc. The answer is a very nice '65 Corsa Turbo which has been resident here for a couple of months now. It's my third Corvair, but it's been some 45 years since I sold my last one.

Needless to say, it is a pleasure to motor around in such a distinctive car here in Orange County, California. Many don't know what a Corvair is and even those who do are likely to give a thumbs up for the car. It is especially pleasing that my wife seems to enjoy cruising around in it as much as I do driving it. It's like stepping back in time, and at the same time fun to show off such a pretty automobile. The rear engine, air cooling, and early turbocharger application are all of interest to those mechanically inclined.

I am also pleased that there are so many Corvair affectionados, and organizations supporting them. So hello to all of you. I look forward to meeting some of you and learning more about your cars and you as owners.
Attachments
IMG_2029.JPG
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: The Newbie

Post by Scott H »

Hello and welcome to the site. Nice looking Corsa!
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Jerry Whitt

Re: The Newbie

Post by Jerry Whitt »

Welcome to the Forum!

Lots of Corvair folks in Southern California and many special meets. Hope to meet you in the near future.
Jerry Whitt
ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECHNICIAN
Retired
Hemet, Callifornia
65 Monza, purchased new
65 Corsa convertible

Return to “Introductions”