Looking for help with a fuel issue on my 62 corvair, anyone live in Miami, Fl

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Lola

Looking for help with a fuel issue on my 62 corvair, anyone live in Miami, Fl

Post by Lola »

Hi I have a 1962 Corvair Monza and I'm having a fuel issue does anyone live in Miami Florida that can help me with this issue
Lola

Re: Looking for help with a fuel issue on my 62 corvair, anyone live in Miami, Fl

Post by Lola »

Hi looking for a person who can help me with my 62 corvair, I'm located in Miami, Help please call me at 786 556 7653... I think it's something simple and when mechanics see a women, they want to charge stupid monies...
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Looking for help with a fuel issue on my 62 corvair, anyone live in Miami, Fl

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

The approach that you will take to correct your problems with your 1962 Corvair depends a lot on you! Owning a classic Corvair always requires a special commitment on the part of the owner. Corvair-qualified mechanics are rare. Parts suppliers are plentiful and generally excellent, but mostly require ordering parts via phone or Internet and include a shipping delay before your parts are delivered. Few Corvair parts are readily available from local stores. The happiest Corvair owners seem to be those who are willing to learn and perhaps get their hands dirty to maintain their cars. Experience in maintaining your Corvair seems to produce confidence and a willingness to drive your Corvair as you get to know it — and as you develop self-confidence in your ability to repair it. Your willingness to drive your Corvair on a regular basis might depend on how independent you wish to be as an owner. Are you willing to learn to maintain and tune your Corvair yourself? Are you willing to invest in some basic tools that are necessary as a part of the learning process? Do you have a place to work on your car (such as a garage)?

Support and assistance is in ample supply on websites like the Corvair Forum. However, that support may come from people who are located all over the United States, so face-to-face support and people who are familiar with your local area may be somewhat rare on the Internet. I would suggest that you consider joining a local chapter of CORSA (Corvair Society of America). This will help you to receive a balance that includes assistance from Corvair aficionados who live in your local area. CORSA club chapters are family-friendly and often offer technical training and technical assistance. They also offer competition events, picnics, scenic drives, and car shows. There is a CORSA club chapter north of you that conducts regular meetings about 50 miles from Miami. I have provided some contact information below. If you choose to contact them they can probably advise you regarding the availability of local Corvair-qualified mechanics. There may also be volunteers within the club who are willing to assist you and possibly loan tools that you might need to get the job done. I've also included a link below that will provide you with common Corvair-related Internet connections where you can find parts suppliers and where you can download Corvair shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader (.pdf) format at no cost.

I worked with many men and women in the Air Force and I found they all had one thing in common: a need to learn! Those who joined the Air Force all accepted their inherent lack of knowledge — and expected to be trained. Corvairs are like that, and Corvair owners are like that. Nobody is born knowing how to work on one. But those who do take the time to learn are often the happiest owners. If you will download applicable shop manuals and technical references for your Corvair, and take the time to read through them, you can learn to do almost any maintenance project you are willing to tackle. I taught myself to rebuild and overhaul my first Corvair engine and automatic transmission in 1969, when I was 16 years old. My dad provided me with a garage to work in, Corvair shop manuals, hand tools, and funding support to help me with buying parts and getting machine shop work done. I spent my summer vacation learning to remove the engine and powertrain and successfully rebuilt the engine and Powerglide transmission. Of course, the issues with your car are unlikely to require such extensive work. But if you are willing to describe the problems you are having in as much detail as possible on this website you will probably find ample support. If you will join the local chapter of CORSA you will probably find additional support, and coupled with downloading some free shop manuals you will likely be successful in troubleshooting and repairing your Corvair (a rewarding experience!) (Is your Corvair your only transportation? Or do you have alternate transportation available while you spend the time working to resolve this problem?)

There are eight CORSA chapters listed in Florida. The one below appears to be the closest to your location.

ImageImage
South Florida Corvairs (About 50 Miles), c/o Rodger Dill, 8951 S Kendale Circle, Lake Worth, FL 33467
:link: http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter333/
Welcome to South Florida Corvairs

South Florida Corvairs is a local chapter of the national organization CORSA. We were founded in 1981 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Club members live between Key West and Port St. Lucie. As a club we participate in cruise-ins, car shows, tech sessions, social dinners, and drive-ins.

Our members cars range from show quality to daily drivers. Ownership of a Corvair is not required to become a member, just an interest in the vehicle.

The monthly meetings of South Florida Corvairs (SFC) are held on the 1st Tuesday of each month at Autonation Chevrolet of Delray, located at 1111 Linton Blvd. Delray Beach, FL 33444. Meetings begin at 7:00 PM. Following the meetings, you are invited to join other members for dinner at local restaurants.

Email: southfloridacorvairs@gmail.com
Phone: 754-800-1353
Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair, and your goals for the Corvair. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities.

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Introductions”