New Baby

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
skipvair

New Baby

Post by skipvair »

Taking delivery of my mew baby tomorrow
IMG_1703.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
Frank Metasavage

65 Corsa 140 4 speed with Weber IDAs
66 Corsa 140 4 speed Stock
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: New Baby

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

Your adopted "baby" looks to be a very clean 1965 Corsa coupe with 140 hp 4x1 engine. Can you post additional pictures of the car from the front, and perhaps include pictures of the trunk, interior and engine compartment? If you will include closeups of the Body Tag (near the distributor) and VIN Tag (next to the battery) I will decode them for you to reveal some details of this car's original production.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair, and your goals for the Corvair. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities.

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
skipvair

Post by skipvair »

It wont be home til tomorrow. I will be glad to supply tag info, though I have decoded it already. It has Starr Cooke heads and twin 3 bbl Webers and headers. otherwise stock. Will probably swap heads onto one of the other 2 140 engines that came with it after some block, cam and piston work. Bought off of Clarks Classifieds. Great seller.
Frank Metasavage

skipvair

Post by skipvair »

In Columbus GA. I am actually pretty good at following technical instructions other than electronics and fine tuning distributors, jetting etc. Fortunately, the gentleman I bought it from was a Ferrari, Porsche, lambo, etc mechanic( His own business) who sorted the carbs after he bought them from Starr Cooke.. I rebuilt my first 140 when I was 17. just, re-ring, check clearances, polish crank,, new bearings, hone cylinders, etc, but have pretty good analytic skills. Work for OEM heavy equipment manufacturer for 28 years so understand basics and logic.
Frank Metasavage

Return to “Introductions”