New member from Cleveland

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
theycallmesdz

New member from Cleveland

Post by theycallmesdz »

Hello everyone. I am Sean. I live just outside of Cleveland Ohio. I have a 1967 4 door that I have not seen in 12 years. She finally comes home in may or June. I can not wait!!!!! :tu: :tu:

The car has been in florida waiting for me to rescue her for years. It has been so many years that I thought it was a 67 when it is actually a 66.....LolImage
1966 Corvair 4-Door Sedan (Rough - theycallmesdz) - 1.jpg
1966 Corvair 4-Door Sedan (Rough - theycallmesdz) - 2.jpg
1966 Corvair 4-Door Sedan (Rough - theycallmesdz) - 3.jpg
She is rough.....but she will be a nice car again.
Last edited by theycallmesdz on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
66vairguy

Re: New member from Cleveland

Post by 66vairguy »

Welcome - I lived in N. Ohio many decades ago. The "rust belt". We would have a "summer" old car and drive a beater in the Winter to preserve the old car. I recall the days of using a torch to remove bolts, etc. Good luck with the Corvair and if it's solid please don't drive it in the Winter.

There is a fellow in your area called "Flamingchariots" on the other forum.
squidlong

Post by squidlong »

Hopefully the Browns have a better season this year! Welcome to the family Sean, it's cool that you have the last year for the four door Corvair. I have seen some amazing sedans over the last 30 years and am glad people want to save them as opposed to guys with Fords, Chevy's and Mopar that cut them up for parts to keep their coupes and convertibles alive.
"Caddy" Mike :chevy:
Marion, IN
'66 Monza Coupe 140
'64 Corvair "700" Coupe (owner conversion)
'57 Cadillac Coupe
'64 Cadillac Coupe "500 cid"
'61 Chevy Biscayne "327"
theycallmesdz

Post by theycallmesdz »

I am from PA originally. The browns are comic relief for me....lol
I honestly can not wait to get her home. I will not be driving her in the winter. No worries
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

Welcome to the "More Door" club. I'm finishing up a 66 four door (GM term was Sport Sedan). At the time I looked at it I did not want another Corvair, but I was looking for A/C parts and the fellow insisted I look at his four door with A/C as a parts car. It was rough, but solid with no rust and had the factory A/C. It certainly was too good to part out. I thought the four door hardtop was a nice looking car and he offered me a good deal so it followed me home - LOL. I finally got around to working on it and now I'm always surprised how much attention it gets.

The 67 had a number of changes. The steering column changed to meet the upcoming collapsible steering column requirements. This required a change in the pedal assembly. The door hinges were changed from cast to stamped and the mounting points are different. Other stuff, but you can find it in the books.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:wave: :welcome2: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

I've always liked the late model (1965 and later) Corvair 4-door Sedan. Its weight, brakes, suspension, and powertrain, performance and handling are all equal to the 2-door Corvairs, and it has a bit of sporty GT elegance that makes it unique. Here are a few pictures of some of my favorites on the Corvair Forum. Perhaps they will inspire you as you work with your Corvair sedan. I hope you will post some pictures and tell us more about your car when it arrives.

:link: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11194&p=77386&hili ... nth#p77386
ImageImage

:link: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5093&p=39108&hilit=sedan#p39108
ImageImageImageImageImage

:link: http://www.corvairforum.com/forum/viewt ... DAN#p44110
ImageImage

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: http://www.corvairforum.com/forum/viewt ... 225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your dream Corvair, and your goals for the Corvair. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities.

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Introductions”