Why did I wait so long for my first Corvair?

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
iMonza

Why did I wait so long for my first Corvair?

Post by iMonza »

Hello all, I just got my first Corvair. It's a 65 Monza automatic with good history and records for the second half of its life with 61k original miles. It runs great and has some useful upgrades like master cylinder and dual exhaust. Rear door handles were shaved and front spoiler added and 14" rims. New brake and fuel lines. Rust areas addressed on car. Has euro amber head lights and custom tail light lenses. The PO was a good owner and very knowledgable about the car as he has had several before this car.I do have some things I want to do to the car but mostly want to enjoy it. I look forward to learning alot from these forums and the community.

Thanks in advance,
Martin
Attachments
65 Monza 3.jpg
65 Monza 3.jpg (33.99 KiB) Viewed 306 times
65 monza 1.jpg
65 monza 1.jpg (35.58 KiB) Viewed 306 times
65' Monza
Rons64

Re: Why did I wait so long for my first Corvair?

Post by Rons64 »

Welcome to the site. Clearly you waited so that you could fully appreciate a Corvair. Enjoy!!
66vairguy

Re: Why did I wait so long for my first Corvair?

Post by 66vairguy »

Welcome - You are in the "Moredoor" club. For years nobody paid attention to the four door cars, or cut them up for parts. Now they aren't that common and especially the LM fourdoor hardtops get attention. I bought a 66 four door that sat in a garage for over 20 years - rough but solid with factor A/C. I have more fun with it than my 66 convertible and it gets more attention.

Return to “Introductions”