New WA State Member

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Heavus

New WA State Member

Post by Heavus »

Greetings,

My name is Mark and I use the name Heavus on this board. I have owned many cars in my life and currently driving a Camry while I wait for the new Tesla Model 3 that I put a deposit on I April. Currently seeking a new Corvair to purchase. i have owned a '68 Monza Convertible with Power-glide in the past. It was blue with black top and interior.

I have looked at a few Corsa's in the past week in person one a convertible and the other a coupe. One was a rust bucket and the other fully restored so there is something for every buyer out there. I have posted the body tag on this forum in the Decode Section.

I work in the IT industry primarily with entrepreneurs and small offices that do not have in house IT staff. I am also the assignor for high school and Jr. School baseball umpires in the greater Tacoma, WA area. In my spare time, I umpire High School and College Baseball.

Thanks to all who give of their time on this forum. I have used it over the past few month while searching for my new car that I hope to be in my garage shortly.

Sincerely,

Mark Heavey
Steve62

Re: New WA State Member

Post by Steve62 »

Welcome from Southern California! Best of luck with your search!
Could be better, could be worse...could be riding in a hearse!
wbabst

Post by wbabst »

Welcome to a great site. I am up in Lake Stevens, there a quite a few Corvair in the area, with a little help you should be able to find a good Corair. My boss took delivery of his Tesla Friday.
Current owner
61(x2) Monza Cpe
55 Pontiac Chieftain Wagon

61 Progress here
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chevrole ... 7898185672
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Goose-N6 ... 8869056897
1966-Corsa-GT-180

Post by 1966-Corsa-GT-180 »

Mark, Welcome to the Corvair Forum!
Corvairs Northwest is your local CORSA Chapter - we meet in Tukwila on the 3rd Wednesday evening each month. There is a meeting room at Sizzler Steakhouse in South Center. Meeting starts at 7. Folks show up earlier to socialize and have a meal.
That is this coming Wednesday, if you can make it.
Potential to find a car from connections at the meeting, for sure.
I'm in Graham area, so another Pierce county Corvair guy. A few around here and in Tacoma as well as on across the Narrows, too.
Lots of great events planned for this season, including the NW Econo-Run in May and we will make several events at the LeMay show field again this spring and summer. We also do an annual Orphan & Discontinued Car show at Griot's Garage outdoor pavillion in July. Lots of fun coming up!
Hope to meet you at some point this year.
Danny Davis driving "air cooled" since the 1960s...
Pierce County, Washington, U.S.A. (near Tacoma) 2O6-643-67I8
Corvairs NorthWest, North Cascades Corvairs, Corvanatics, CORSA Western Director

Return to “Introductions”