Inland Valley Street Rod Rally and Cruise

Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii.
also Serving the Canadian provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territory, and Yukon. Baja California Mexico, and the continents of Asia and Australia
Forum rules
Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii.
also Serving the Canadian provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territory, and Yukon. Baja California Mexico, and the continents of Asia and Australia
Scott H
Site Admin

Inland Valley Street Rod Rally and Cruise

Post by Scott H »

I went to this show today specifically because it was very close to my father-in-laws house and I could pick him up and bring him. He is in congestive heart failure and can't do much anymore. He is a great guy. I think he had fun. This is him and my youngest Samuel going on the cruise route with me.

Even though I had by far the most inexpensive and unfinished car at the show, it got a ton more attention than I expected.

Here's a link to the photos I uploaded to our club website.
http://www.iecorvairclub.com/apps/photo ... id=9193915
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: Inland Valley Street Rod Rally and Cruise

Post by Scott H »

My wife scrapbooks, this is what she did with the pics. Pretty cool!
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

Looks like fun. Cherrish that time you have with family, looks like he did. That counts for a hell of a lot more than what car your driving, what wheels we run and so.

Also it doesn't suprise me the attention your car gets, we forget sometimes when we are so into something and see it all the time we forget that they are rather rare to see. Took a buddy with a custom '57 bug to a traditional hot rod show (greasers and such) and he said that he felt like the car didn't fit in. But it has white tuckand roll interior, and purple metallic paint with ghost flames, and finished to a much higher standerd than most the cars there, and got a ton of attention, it stood out, just like your Vair. I alsways get people at cruises,shows, and just getting gas that are drawn to my van because its so differrent, just like your car and my buddys bug.

All very cool.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

My Father-In Law died today. He was 73. I'm so glad I took him to this show with me last year and I have this memory. He was a good man and lived a good life.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
rindress

Post by rindress »

Sorry to hear about your loss. From the pictures I'd say you certainly left a lasting memory in his mind. Peace be with him and all of you at this difficult time.
Rindress
Hollis, NH
CORSA Member
1965 Monza vert 110hp
1965 Corsa 110hp
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Awwwww man. I'm sorry....for you and your family's loss Scott. Yes, those little cool moments are special, they really are. It's so great you had that chance to give him a memorable day and put a smile on his face.
64vert
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 64vert »

my condolences as well. you and your family are in my thoughts an prayers.
omaha, ne
corvair midwest
CORSA

Return to “Car Shows and Events (Open to all cars)”