Run to the Coast (Pro-Touring Event So-Cal)

Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii.
also Serving the Canadian provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territory, and Yukon. Baja California Mexico, and the continents of Asia and Australia
Forum rules
Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii.
also Serving the Canadian provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territory, and Yukon. Baja California Mexico, and the continents of Asia and Australia
Scott H
Site Admin

Run to the Coast (Pro-Touring Event So-Cal)

Post by Scott H »

(I got this info from Pro-Touring.com)

New event in So Cal brought to you by OctainForYourBrain.com

1st annual El Toro event called Run To The Coast April 2-4 2010 at the old El Toro Marine base.

It will be attended by some of the finest cars in the country, covered by several magazines and sponsored by some of the industry leading companies.

In addition Optima Batteries will be giving an invite to the King of the Coast to the prestigious Optima Batteries Ultimate Streetcar Invitational. Spots will fill up soon so register today if you can.

On Friday and Saturday there will be a road course, an autocross event, a 0-60-0 and on Sunday there will be a cool coastline cruise.

Additional sponsors are still needed as well as volunteers to be course workers and spectators are welcome.

For more info and to register pleas visit http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65230
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
TonyL
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Run to the Coast (Pro-Touring Event So-Cal)

Post by TonyL »

My brother and I are really hoping to be able to go to this one. It's been a while since I hung out with the guys from pt.com.

This is a BIG chance to put the Corvair on the map folks. If you've got a "handling" car, get it over there if you can. Show them what a set up Corvair can do. I You might just find yourselves in the pages of SuperChevy, or HotRod. They *will* be there. Want the big name manufacturers of aftermarket to show us some love? Show up. They'll see a budding market and seize the chance.

These guys pride themselves on their autocrossing abilities. None of them have run against a Vair before. You might just teach those V8 guys a thing or three about our "little" cars.
Pro-touring 66 Corvair Monza
Got an FQuick account yet? Get one! it's like Facebook for your car!
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: Run to the Coast (Pro-Touring Event So-Cal)

Post by Scott H »

Tony I saw they have a Media run on Friday...any chance we can get a Vair in there under CorvairForum.com?

I will sponsor someones Vair to go out there if they run a www.CorvairForum.com windshield sticker. :tu:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)

Return to “Car Shows and Events (Open to all cars)”