N. C. Weather

Humor, Politics, etc...
64powerglide

N. C. Weather

Post by 64powerglide »

What's the weather like in Charlotte North Carolina? My brother-in-law has to fly down to a NASCAR meeting this weekend, flying out of Detroit in the morning. He works all the races at MIS. We sure had a pileup on I-94 this morning here, luckily only death, semi's & cars going like hell in whiteout conditions. One semi had 40,000 of Fireworks which caught on fire, & really lit up the sky.
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: N. C. Weather

Post by bbodie52 »

Charlotte, NC is about 200 miles east of my North Carolina location (100 miles north of Atlanta), but compared to Michigan I guess you could say the weather in North Carolina is relatively mild. We went through a deep cold that many states experienced that came down from Canada, with single digit temps in many areas at night. The coldest night was Thursday. Presently the temps run from the 30's in the daytime to the teens at night, with a gradual warming trend through the weekend and into next week that will see some overcast and mild rain at times next week. Winds have been fairly calm. The cloud cover early next week will help the temperatures to climb into the low fifties during the day and to bottom out in the thirties at night.

We have seen no snow or ice storms to date. Some nighttime wind chills were the greatest hazard. Last year at this time we suffered a deep cold (my well head froze in February 2014). Atlanta was essentially closed for a week in early 2014 with serious ice storms that the city was unable to clear or manage. So far 2015 has been relatively mild when compared to recent past years.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
64powerglide

Re: N. C. Weather

Post by 64powerglide »

Thanks Brad, I did realize after I posted this that all I had to do was edit my AOL home page & enter Charlotte's zip code & the weather came right up on my screen.
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..

Return to “Off Topic”