Global warming

Humor, Politics, etc...
BIGTWIN
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Global warming

Post by BIGTWIN »

How's this "global warming" working out for you guys? It's 39 deg. right now down in the Houston area and has been below freezing a couple of times this past week. I see it's way colder up north. Just think how cold you'd be if we didn't have this pesky global warming driving the temperature up so high. Oh, Is that the sky falling or was it just somebody "crying wolf" just to get their face on TV or to force a political opinion? :think: PLEASE!
1961 Monza
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside a dog it's too dark to read."
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Global warming

Post by azdave »

I'm not a scientist but logic dictates that a single weather event cannot define the overall climate.

If so, then one could assume that since Phoenix just had the highest average summer temperatures ever recorded in 120 years that global warming must be real, right? Wrong. Even the best scientist would be laughed at if they came to that conclusion.

Arm Chair Climatologists on both sides like to pick out individual weather events that suit their case. I'm smart enough to know that I don't have the expertise to draw conclusions either way.
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

I have Lived in the high desert of Ca for 51 years, I have lived thru Drought, El nino Rain, Heat, Cold ,3 month consecutive 100+ temps and snow storms! This Summer was hot and cold and one of the cooler summers I can remember,,as far as I can tell with my 51 years of High Desert weather experience,,EVERYTHING IS NORMAL! Every year like clock work it rains on or around Halloween, it rained on Halloween night this year,like it always has, Its raining here right now with more expected Friday, NORMAL!

Years Ago we were going into a deep Freeze,,so Give the Gov your money to Save us,,Then We are having Global warming,,so the Gov wants your money to Save us,,now its Climate change!! = Normal weather! Now the Military has told soldiers to Refer to WEATHER as "Climate adjustment" ITS ALL A LEFT WING FEAR MONGERING SCAM! Rule through FEAR! Now Scientist Agree its all a scam!

http://www.moneynews.com/mkt-news/Scien ... id/607827/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And Now Ca wants to put stickers on Gas pumps warning US that we are Causing Global warming because We are Bad Gas Burning Idiots! Spread the FEAR and give the Gov your Money to Save us from Ourselves,,and pay for a Few Politicians to go on Vacation! Bunch of Crap!

http://news.yahoo.com/california-cities ... 40352.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BIGTWIN
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by BIGTWIN »

Like I said! Oh, quit sampling the Kool Aid Asdave. It has a bad after taste.
1961 Monza
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside a dog it's too dark to read."
1949chevy

Post by 1949chevy »

Yes...the United States is the only place that has weather....record heat in other countries do not count.

For NON-THINKERS.....GLOBAL means United States only.
Last edited by 1949chevy on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

BIGTWIN wrote:...quit sampling the Kool Aid Azdave...
BIGTWIN,

Please go back and read my post slowly with an open mind. I did not take either side. My application of basic logic to the argument indicates that I have not "sampled the Kool-Aid" as you say.

Neither side can draw a conclusion about global warming based upon a single event or even a full season. These threads begin each time there is a hot or cold day in the news as if that one weather event has ended the debate.
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:rolling: :rolling: :dontknow: :pray:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

1949chevy wrote:Yes...the United States is the only place that has weather....record heat in other countries do not count.

For NON-THINKERS.....GLOBAL means United States only.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thinkers Search for the Truth, Not just repeat What they watched in the Main stream media, Please do a little research, Funny there is Global warming on mars as well, the earth has been a lot hotter than it is now and a lot colder, this is a Normal earth cycle, Not Man made, Co2 is actually good for the planet, the entire Global warming LIE is a Left wing Agenda, along with the UN, Both want a 1 world Government with the UN in charge, What better way to achieve this than Through fear, Man made Global warming is a total Lie, Man made global Left wing fear mongering is the Truth. Don't Trust what you are being told by Criminal Politicians,,Just like "If you like your Doctor,you can keep your Doctor" Please read thru this material.

http://www.globalwarminglies.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here are a Few snippets from this report: http://globalresearch.ca/global-warming ... t-lie/5086" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First off, it is very important to address the fact that Earth is not the only planet to be experiencing climate change in our solar system currently. In fact, many astronomers have announced that Pluto has been experiencing global warming, and suggested that it is a seasonal event, just like how Earth’s seasons change as the various hemispheres alter their inclination to the Sun. We must remember that it is the Sun that determines our seasons, and thusly has a greater impact upon the climate than we could ever even try to achieve. In May of 2006, a report came forward revealing that a massive hurricane-like storm that occurred on Jupiter may be caused by climate change occurring on the planet, which is expected to raise its temperatures by 10 degrees. National Geographic News reported that a simultaneous rising in temperature on both Mars and Earth suggest that climate change is indeed a natural phenomenon as opposed to being man-made. The report further explains how NASA has reported that Mars’ carbon dioxide ice caps have been melting for a few years now. Sound familiar? An astronomical observatory in Russia declared that, “the Mars data is evidence that the current global warming on Earth is being caused by changes in the sun”. They further point out that both Mars and Earth have, throughout their histories, experienced periodic ice ages as climate changes in a continuous fashion. NASA has also been observing massive storms on Saturn, which indicate a climate change occurring on that planet as well. NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope has also been recording massive climate changes on Neptune’s largest moon, Triton. Triton, whose surface was once made up of frozen nitrogen, is now turning into gas. The Associated Press has reported that satellites that measure the temperature of sunlight have been recording an increase in the sun’s temperature, meaning that the sun itself is warming up. Even the London Telegraph reported in 2004 that global warming was due to the sun being hotter than it has ever been in the past 1,000 years. They cited this information from research conducted by German and Swiss scientists who claim that it is increasing radiation from the sun that is resulting in our current climate change.

The UN?:

Also recently, the President of the Czech Republic, Vaclav Klaus said, when discussing the recent ruling by the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), that global warming is man-made, “Global warming is a false myth and every serious person and scientist says so. It is not fair to refer to the U.N. panel. IPCC is not a scientific institution: it’s a political body, a sort of non-government organization of green flavor. It’s neither a forum of neutral scientists nor a balanced group of scientists. These people are politicized scientists who arrive there with a one-sided opinion and a one-sided assignment.” And if you are about to ask why no politicians here seem to be saying this, Klaus offered up an answer, “Other top-level politicians do not express their global warming doubts because a whip of political correctness strangles their voice”. Nigel Calder, the former editor of New Scientist, wrote an article in the UK Sunday Times, in which he stated, “When politicians and journalists declare that the science of global warming is settled, they show a regrettable ignorance about how science works.” He further stated that, “Twenty years ago, climate research became politicized in favor of one particular hypothesis”. And in reference to how the media is representing those who dissent from the man-made theory he stated, “they often imagine that anyone who doubts the hypothesis of man-made global warming must be in the pay of the oil companies”, which is exactly what I believed up until I did my research. He also wrote, “Enthusiasm for the global-warming scare also ensures that heatwaves make headlines, while contrary symptoms, such as this winter’s billion-dollar loss of Californian crops to unusual frost, are relegated to the business pages”.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as what you are told by the Main stream media? Democrats Kinda OWN Them as they are all related one way or another or actually sleeping with them!

ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, National Security Adviser.
CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, Obama’s Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.
ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to former White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, who now works for CNN.
ABC News and Universion reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obama’s Deputy Press Secretary.
ABC News chief political correspondent and anchor George Stephanopoulos was the White House communications Director then Senior Advisor for Policy and Strategy for Bill Clinton.
ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama’s Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood.
CNN president Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.
NBC Chelsea Clinton was making $ 600,000.00 a year + benefits as a starting reporter.
Yahoo is partnered with ABC News.”

The REAL TRUTH is out there,,all you need to do is look!
Attachments
WHITE-HOUSE-MEDIA1.jpg
WHITE-HOUSE-MEDIA1.jpg (54.52 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
WHITE-HOUSE-MEDIA2.jpg
WHITE-HOUSE-MEDIA2.jpg (26.27 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
91blaze

Post by 91blaze »

If you seriously think all the smog from cars, power plants, and other sources do not have a negative impact on the environment then there is something wrong with you. You say CO2 is good for the planet but this is not necessarily true. We are putting out way more CO2 than plant life can keep up with and it all has to go somewhere.

I think a few of you here need to adjust your tinfoil hats.
'66 Monza Coupe Project: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7188" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Funny,,tinfoil seems to Keep lies out and let the truth in, I think a Few of you need to Quit drinking left wing cool aid! did you even bother to Read anything I posted? or just go to your typical tinfoil response? You could wipe out all of man kind and we are still going to have Climate change! It has been changing forever, Ice age to Heat waves, The world has been frozen, and a lot hotter than it is now, before mankind ever had emissions! Must have been all those Cow farts!

I am doing my part creating global warming on mars!

Also the Fact that Obama says Man made global warming is real,, means its a total Lie!

Nothing personal, But the TRUTH is really out there. :tongue:
Attachments
mars-landscape-01718abe2976ae96.jpg
91blaze

Post by 91blaze »

Yes Dave I did read what you wrote. I'm not left wing or right wing, that mindset is the reason why we have problems. Everyone thinks one side or the other is correct when the reality is neither side is always right. You are willing to believe that spewing exhaust gasses doesn't cause any harm. Now, I'm not one of those nutty environmentalists but I'm all for trying to reduce emissions. I can't afford to get an efficient new car so I have the next best thing, a classic that gets decent gas mileage and I plan on getting better mpgs with a little work. Don't assume that everyone who argues your point of view is drinking left-wing koolaid ::-):
'66 Monza Coupe Project: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7188" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1949chevy

Post by 1949chevy »

If one buys into the fox news lies that oil companies want you too....then I feel sorry for them. I cannot help laugh that the replys above do ADMIT to global warming...but claim its universe wide....guess that makes it okay....really?

I agree with 91blaze....man made warming is real unless you are so brain washed from the false news network and oxy cotten head. If you don't believe in man made global warming...then start your car up...let it run for about 10 min and then grab the exhaust manifold....for you non believers don't worry...there is NO heat coming off them going into the atmosphere...walk on some asphalt barefooted this summer about 3 pm...don't worry...its okay...no warming. Right now if you are heating your house...don't fret about the bill...it is all staying confined in your house...none of it goes out of the house into the atmosphere. I could go on but time to serve that great kool aid to those that are obsessed with it.

Oil/energy companies pay fox, abc, nbc, etc corporations lots of money to play down man made global warming....they even hire scientists and pay them well to lie....in the meantime, thousands of scientists agree with me and my view....man made global warming is real...but what the he??, they don't know as much as brain washed republicans.

Critical thinking...the other national deficit.
thewolfe
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by thewolfe »

So you're a climate scientist? I'm sorry but global warming, climate change or whatever want to call it has never been PROVEN to be caused by man. Until then it is a theory. And just because it makes sense to you and 'sounds about right' doesn't make it true. Global climate change throughout the history of the earth on the other hand can and has been proven, well before cars or asphalt were ever around. I make my decisions based on FACTS not conjecture, feelings, and what politicians say.
Nate Wolfe
65 Corsa 180
61 Lakewood 140
91blaze

Post by 91blaze »

thewolfe wrote:So you're a climate scientist? I'm sorry but global warming, climate change or whatever want to call it has never been PROVEN to be caused by man. Until then it is a theory. And just because it makes sense to you and 'sounds about right' doesn't make it true. Global climate change throughout the history of the earth on the other hand can and has been proven, well before cars or asphalt were ever around. I make my decisions based on FACTS not conjecture, feelings, and what politicians say.
So you think all the exhaust being thrown into the atmosphere has no negative affects? You think everything is just fine the way it is.

Sure, maybe it's not completely proven right now, but are you really willing to take that chance?
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

1949,,First off I do not watch Fox news, I have a antenna on my Roof, And do not take Drugs, Amazing How left minded Folks think if you do not agree with them you are a druggie? Also,I used to think Man made Global warming was real,,UNTIL I looked at the facts, Funny how science says all the planets are warming, Not Man made, just warming, But I guess you think there is man Made warming heating our entire solar system as well? Exhaust Pipes getting hot do NOT contribute to global warming, The SUN warms the Asphalt, like it always has, NOT global warming, Heating my house NOPE! Funny how Obama Gave Green energy companies billions of energy grants to supply Us with perfect Green energy,Problem is, the CEO's of these companies donated Half the Tax payer grant money back to the democrat party,then they pocketed millions and filed Bankruptcy, Solyndra anyone?? The Fact of the Matter is: The Democrat party has been Lying to the Public in droves,Especially Obama, Almost everything this Guy says is a Lie! and Facts prove it! Also here is a news Story for you,

List Of Failed Green Energy Jobs & Companies – By Obama
Update: 7/19/12: The Amonix Solar: FAIL! – manufacturing plant in North Las Vegas, subsidized by more than $20 million in federal tax credits and grants given by Obama Administration, has closed its 214,000 square foot facility a year after it opened.
Solar Trust of America: FAIL! - Filed Bankruptcy in Oakland, CA, April 3, 2012

Bright Source: FAIL! - Bright Source warned Obama’s Energy Department officials in March 2011 that delays in approving a $1.6 billion U.S. loan guarantee would embarrass the White House and force the solar-energy company to close. Bright Source lost billions of dollars but is getting more money to keep trying. Can you say, “This isn’t working Mr. President?”

Solyndra: FAIL! - Obama gave $500,000,000 (that’s a HALF BILLION!) in taxpayer money to Solyndra who shut its doors and laid off 1100 workers in August 2011 after billions in losses due to failure to make a solar product that works! Barack Obama was not vetted before being elected President and neither was Solyndra before Mr. Obama threw that taxpayer money down the drain of unproven technology.

LSP Energy: FAIL! - LSPEnergy LP filed bankruptcy protection and a sale of its assets in Feb 2012

Energy Conversion Devices: FAIL! – On February 14, 2012 Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. and its subsidiaries filed for bankruptcy

Abound Solar: FAIL! - Abound Solar received a $400 million loan guarantee from Barack Obama then announced in June, 2012 that it would file for bankruptcy. Many of these failed corporations, such as Abound, donated MILLIONS and continue to donate to Barack Obama’s campaign. Can you say, “Democrat Slush Fund”? Yes this is illegal. But Democrats are being protected from being prosecuted, for now.

SunPower: FAIL! - SunPower stopped producing solar cells in 2011 at near bankruptcy then restructured with the help of, get this, oil giant TOTAL, Inc. who owns 60% stake in SunPower. Irony? The company is still struggling.

Beacon Power: FAIL! – Beacon Power Corp filed for bankruptcy protection in October, 2011 just a year after Obama approved a $43 million Government loan guarantee. They remain barely in business, still struggling to make energy that makes sense or that works at all.

Ecotality: FAIL! - ECOtality, a San Francisco green-tech company that never earned any money and remains on the verge of bankruptcy after receiving roughly $115 million in two loan guarantees from President Obama, who wants to do some more of this kind of Democrat Slush Fund Guarantees after he is elected to a 2nd term.

A123 Solar: FAIL! - A123 Solar received $279 million from taxpayers thanks to President Obama’s Department of Energy loan guarantees even after the Solyndra bankruptcy and is getting another $500M from Obama after a loss of $400M.

UniSolar: FAIL! - Uni-Solar filed for Ch 11 bankruptcy in June 20, 2012 after laying off hundreds of workers. UniSolar received even more Obama money after showing now progress, no profits and is still failing… yet they still remain in business with Obama’s help.

Azure Dynamics: FAIL! - Azure Dynamics filed for bankruptcy in June , 2012 wasting millions in Obama “Stimulus” money and received abatement on taxes owed and and several tax credits. Azure Dynamics LLC filed for bankruptcy protection in Canada and the US. Azure laid off 120 of its 160 employees in Oak Park; Boston; Vancouver, British Columbia; and the UK.

Evergreen Solar: FAIL! - Evergreen Solar received $527 Million in Taxpayer money from Obama and filed bankruptcy in late 2011. Evergreen, which closed its taxpayer-supported Devens factory in March, 2011 cut more than 1800 jobs. Evergreen’s $450 million factory, turned out to be a colossal “waste” of taxpayer money.

Ener1: FAIL! Ener1 Inc. received a $118 million U.S. Energy Department grant from President Obama to make electric-car batteries but filed for bankruptcy protection January 2012 after defaulting on bond debt.

The Washington Post

The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulafft, at Bergen , Norway

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters, and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone. Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes.

Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds. Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable.

I apologize, I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922, as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post - 90+ years ago.
Last edited by davemotohead on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thewolfe
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by thewolfe »

I never said that exhaust wasn't toxic because we all know it is. But it has never been proven to cause global warming. If you're so worried about reducing emissions and heat then you better stop driving your corvair or any car for that matter, electrics included. Stop buying any item at the store because it takes oil to produce it and ship it. Stop heating your home. You think that heat out of your furnace just goes away? Nope. Better stop farting and breathing while you're at it too.
Sure, maybe it's not completely proven right now, but are you really willing to take that chance?
Sounds like fear mongering to me. And the politicians thrive on exactly that!
Nate Wolfe
65 Corsa 180
61 Lakewood 140

Return to “Off Topic”