VOTE- Corvair of the Month April 2014

Calendar page and Gift Certificate to the winner...and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.

Vote for Corvair of the Month April 2014

Poll ended at Thu May 01, 2014 9:12 am

azdave
25%
Cymar
5%
Fast Eddie
11%
Jonathan's61vair
7%
classicchevyowner7
2%
DukeStKing
7%
Skrain
7%
Scott.orsborn
2%
ihscomputers
25%
66convairtible
9%

Total votes: 44

Scott H
Site Admin

VOTE- Corvair of the Month April 2014

Post by Scott H »

:goofywave: Voting now Open :goofywave:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: ENTER- Corvair of the Month April 2014

Post by azdave »

My submission for April COTM

1965 Corvair Monza Sport Sedan
140 HP with Powerglide transmission
Factory air conditioning
147,000 miles

I owned a similar sedan back in the early 80’s and always wanted another someday. Along came this beauty a few years back and I am now the proud 11th owner. It has 147,000 well-documented miles as each owner was mindful to keep the vehicle history intact. Luckily, all owners have lived in the Phoenix area so this car has seen little or no raod salt in all of those miles.

The first nine years of ownership was with an older lady who lived in Sun City, Arizona. Many years ago it underwent a very careful restoration and other than a few paint chips it looks much as it did right after the restoration. Admirers think the cool cloth seats looks like they were just recovered recently but they are over 14 years old according to the receipts that came along with the car. The trunk still has the original factory spatter paint.

This sedan happens to have been owned previously by two current members of the Cactus Corvair Club that I belong to. I visit so many local cruise events in the Phoenix area I’ve now met five of the previous 10 owners. It’s pretty cool to see their faces when they realize their old Corvair is still on the road and looking so nice.

I’ve done a few mods to the car since I got it including most noticeably the upgraded BBS rims and lowering it slightly. I added a front air dam which really helps steady the car at freeway speeds. It is still mostly stock but has had some changes through the years. The original lay-flat air conditioning condenser was upgraded to the 66-style which makes for much easier engine servicing. The air conditioning works fine and makes it much easier to convince my girlfriend to attend the summer car shows in Phoenix.

I am currently working on installing some new Clark’s Corvair window fuzzies now that I have I’ve repaired the window tracks and greased the regulators. Other notable things on the car include an electric fuel pump, head temperature gauge, tach and oil pressure gauge. When I lowered the car and added the new rims and rubber I also replaced the lower control arms with Corvette adjustable units. The engine has cast aluminum finned oil pan and valve covers.

I don’t run lower shrouds here in the desert and so far with premium fuel I’ve never heard a ping from the engine yet. Other than charging the A/C system with propane instead of R12, the engine is pretty much unchanged from the way I got it. It has a Pertronix ignition system and an electric fuel pump in the engine compartment. Someday I’ll move the fuel pump up by the gas tank but for now it works just fine where a previous owner installed it.

Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
Cymar

Post by Cymar »

My contribution with a 1964 (december 1963, "style 1964") corvair monza. :)
it's a corvair purchased by my father in 1982 when he was 19 years for a price of 3000 francs (conversion and inflation in 2014, 1100 euros, $ 1,400)
The car was in a barn for several years, it was no longer used, the owner was too old, at the latter's death, his son sold it to my father.
There was just there clutch and flywheel change.
The car was gray original, A few years later, my father painted this car in 1988 with this color (mixture of white, yellow, black and red) and it was used of my parents'marriage ^^

Fast Eddie
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Fast Eddie »

Original Owner 1966 Corvair Coupe
Daily driver during the week and autocross car on the weekends starting in 1966
Went into storage from 1991 to 2010
Restoration and refit to Yenko Stinger specs beginning in 2011
Restoration included gutting the interior, complete cleaning and preparation for body work to be done by Jeff Stonesifer and his crew at Corvair Ranch, complete rebuild of the engine, stripping and repainting of the interior and exterior
Now being shown at local classic car shows in the MD/DE/VA area including the Annual Rockville Classic Car Show, Sully Classic Car Show, Virginia ‘Vair Fair, First State Corvair Show and many others

Last edited by Fast Eddie on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
If it aint broke, give me a minute
Jonathan's61vair

Post by Jonathan's61vair »

1961 Corvair Monza 900

I have a 61 Monza with a 98hp engine. I'm the third owner and just rebuilt the engine with my dad and now we are currently onto the interior and suspension.

Last edited by Jonathan's61vair on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Jonathan —

Your picture source appears to be a secure website that requires a password. Because it is a secure site that is not open to the public, your pictures will not display properly on the Corvair Forum from that site. If you have copies of these pictures on your PC, you can opt to upload them as attachments and post them that way so they can be viewed. Alternately, you can post the on a public site, such as Facebook, and share them using the URL/IMG method that way.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
classicchevyowner7

Post by classicchevyowner7 »

Hello, This is my 1961 Corvair 700. It has the 145 ci engine. It has a powerglide tranny. It also has the '60-'61 only poverty hubcaps and beauty rings. Haven't done much to it yet, but it runs and drives good. I'm a new member of the Corvair family, but I love my Corvair Just as much as the next guy! :tu: Good luck All!!
Attachments
IMG_2581.JPG
IMG_2582.JPG
IMG_2584.JPG
IMG_2585.JPG
IMG_2586.JPG
IMG_2587.JPG
IMG_2588.JPG
IMG_2583.JPG
IMG_2590.JPG
IMG_2592.JPG
- Allen
DukeStKing

Post by DukeStKing »

My 1964 Corvair. Picked it up in Long Beach, CA. Here's some info:

Here is my1964 Corvair Monza with a 180 Turbo Corsa. Here is a list of work done on the chassis " Crossed drilled disc brakes " Recoated gas tank " Boyd alloy rims " Clarks Corvair interior including seats and carpet " Triple plated chromed all the interior trim " $8500 paint job 8 years ago. Yes there is some weathering on the paint but it has ALWAYS been garaged kept and wiped down every time it came out " Rebuilt front end suspension " No body rust " Original CA black and yellow plates " Re-located antenna Now the engine and drivetrain has been completely rebuilt by the amazing Greg Peterson. Here is a list of some of the things done but let the pictures speak for itself " 180 1965 Corsa Egnine " Fully rebuilt 180 turbo with 150 exhaust outlet to spool up the turbo faster " New rods, pistons, and balanced crank " Hardened push rods " De-flashed the cylinder heads " Roller rockers which go for $450 a set " Powder coated all tins which are turbo only " High-temp ceramic coated exhaust including all turbo parts " Triple plated chrome on turbo linkage, including intake, and correct 64 heat shield " New Harmonic balancer " Chromed alternator " Offenhauser oil pan and valve covers " Rebuilt differential " Rebuilt 4 speed trans " All new bushing in the A-arms and leaf spring suspension " Powder coated complete rear suspension, including A-arms, and leaf spring That pretty much sums up most of the major things done to it. It's built to handle, perform, and last.
Attachments
0_photo_23.jpg
0_photo_42.jpg
0_photo_45.jpg
0_photo_52.jpg
Fast Eddie
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Fast Eddie »

What happened to the Edit option on the Corvair of the Month page?
Skrain

Post by Skrain »

For your consideration for Corvair of the month; My 1964 Monza Spyder Convertible. 150 Horsepower Turbo Engine. 77500 miles.
It has had a full ground up restoration by it's previous owner, with full photo documentation.
Originally Palomar Red with a Black interior, it was redone to an Oldsmobile yellow with a Saddle Interior.
New P185.80R/13 B.F.Goodrich Wide Whitewall tires installed.
Original Gravel Guards mounted as well, since I live about 3 miles from the nearest pavement.
Attachments
IMG_1847.JPG
IMG_1849.JPG
IMG_1850.JPG
IMG_1851.JPG
IMG_1852.JPG
IMG_1856.JPG
IMG_1858.JPG
IMG_1862.JPG
IMG_1864.JPG
IMG_1873.JPG
IMG_1874.JPG
IMG_1875.JPG
1964 Monza Spyder Turbo Convertible.
1949 Ford 8N Tractor
2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4X4 Pickup
Scott.orsborn

Post by Scott.orsborn »

My Corvair. I am a third generation Corvair lover. I am passing it on to my children as well.
Attachments
My 64
My 64
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
A watercolor by my father in law
A watercolor by my father in law
image.jpg
ihscomputers
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by ihscomputers »

OK...here's my entry:
1962 Corvair 95 Rampside

The previous owner was one of three friends who bought the shell and completed the resto-mod in 1986, spending over $30,000 in the process.

As purchased:
95HP with 4 speed
Custom-made aluminum dash gauge pod with Stewart-Warner gauges
Power antenna that rises from the just behind the driver inside the edge of the bed
American Racing Outlaw II wheels and 14" radials
Bedliner applied to the lower bed and ramp
Very loud air horn
Chrome vent visor window shades

My mods:
Front disk brakes
Lowered front end just a bit
New inside wheel well trim
New carpet
Added arm rests
Replaced old failing Pioneer AM/FM/Cassette stereo with Sony AM/FM/SiriusXM/USB stereo and new speakers
Installed 3 point seat belts
Sliding rear window

Dean F. Gemberling
Box Springs, Georgia
Heart of Georgia Webmaster
RUNNING FOR EASTERN DIRECTOR

1963 Rampside w/305 V8 - Built by Ken Arnold in 1998
1965 Monza Coupe w/63 Buick 215 V8 - Former 13-sec Drag Car by Ken Arnold
Fast Eddie
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Fast Eddie »

Dan,
Beautiful Rampside!
66convairtible
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 66convairtible »

this is my 1966 convertible. It is at 140 horsepower four speed
Attachments
20140323_102936.jpg
20140323_102858.jpg
20140323_103053.jpg
20140323_102642.jpg
20140323_102913.jpg
top down.jpg
books.jpg
dash.jpg
20140323_102727.jpg
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

WOW! :tongue: I just looked over the Corvair of the Month entrees again. THIS IS GOING TO BE A TOUGH CHOICE WHEN THE VOTING STARTS!! These cars are so impressive!
:whoa:
:clap: That '62 Rampside is so good looking... and that LM sedan... and that coupe... and those convertibles... and the Yenko Stinger... and the EM sedan... and I DON'T KNOW!! :doh: :think: :dontknow:

Good luck to each person who entered. They are all winners!
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
freedo
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: VOTE- Corvair of the Month April 2014

Post by freedo »

love them all this month. but gotta go with the rampy. love it!

Return to “Corvair of the Month Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”