What Vehicle Did You Get Your First Traffic ticket In?

Humor, Politics, etc...
Phil Dally

What Vehicle Did You Get Your First Traffic ticket In?

Post by Phil Dally »

1963 Oldsmobile station wagon...what a boat.

Failure to yield to a pedestrian.

On my learners permit...with my Mom in the passenger seat.

The Burbank motor cop wanted to let me off.

But my Mom insisted...to teach me a lesson.

We all know how that worked out!!! :cool:
Attachments
63wagon.jpg
63wagon.jpg (40.86 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: What Vehicle Did You Get Your First Traffic ticket In?

Post by azdave »

My first and last time ever pulled over was when I was 37 years old (I'm 50 now). 87 F-150 302 CI extended cab pickup with camper shell. Ticketed for passing a farm tractor when my left wheel touched the center line. The farmer couldn't pull off the road any further with the big combine so he waved me around. I was doing maybe 10 in a 50 and still got a ticket for passing when the center line was solid. Only ticket I have ever received in my life.

Do you have to be born with a chip on your shoulder to be a motorcycle cop?
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

71 in a 55 driving the 61 4dr..... Lost my license for 30 days....
1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

In a '72 Datsun 510. Got three speeding tickets in a 90 day period and got my license suspended for 6 months. :banghead:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

1967 Datsun pickup--
62belair2.jpg
62belair2.jpg (23.3 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
-- Then a 1969 Harley 350cc Italian made Sprint motorcycle ---

-- Then the same cop (Rifenburger) got me again a few weeks later in my 68 GTO vert ----

Then -- blah blah blah !!!!!! :cool:
zcar3.jpg
zcar3.jpg (37 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
zcar4.jpg
zcar4.jpg (25.85 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
zcar6.jpg
zcar6.jpg (67.04 KiB) Viewed 1634 times

BUT -- "knock on wood" --- I haven't had a ticket since 1984 !!!!! :clap:
burnout1.JPG
burnout1.JPG (61.94 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
Shawn

Post by Shawn »

'74 Nova 350/350 with a "little work done". 3 tickets within 6 months of getting my license at 15 years old.
Family not too happy!
So when the racing came later, they weren't surprised!

Shawn
MonzaDave

Post by MonzaDave »

No moving violations in 54 years of legal driving (more years of driving, but it was before I got my license). I have gotten two warning tickets for speeding -- both while driving one of my wife's cars. The first was 61 in a 55 in rural Iowa while driving her '74 Audi GTI. The other was two years ago while driving her Miata (again in Iowa). The LEO wouldn't tell me how fast he clocked me at and when I found out it was going to be a warning I let it drop. I suspect is was a "probable cause" stop.

It's not that I haven't deserved quite a few speeding tickets, including felony level. It's been a combination of good luck and situational awareness.

Dave Keillor
Dave Keillor
Rochester, MN
rnch

Post by rnch »

in my 4 year old '67 monza sport sedan. i was showing my best friend at the time how well my corair cornered, compared to his rebodied frod falcon/mustang. a GD radar cop pulled me over...not for speeding but for "reckless driving. i hope he got cancer of the testicles from that radar gun he kept lodged down between his legs!
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

Dave wrote >>>It's been a combination of good luck and situational awareness.<<<<

#1 Luck -- You can't beat luck . I will take luck over skill anyday !

#2 Situational awareness -- Very very important. I rode on a 7000 mile solo motorcycle from Alaska thru Canada to Missouri and back. I averaged about 80 mph and often cruised for an hour or two above 100. I did not get stopped once. I knew when to slow , especially when nearing towns. I'd often find a car that was speeding and then I'd hang back as far as I could and then pace him.

#3 Attitude -- This is VERY important if you do get stopped .
I call it the "yes sir , no sir , thank you sir" method . It has saved my butt on more than one occasion !!! :cool:
Attachments
speed.jpg
speed.jpg (9.48 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
upnorth

Post by upnorth »

1965 CORVAIR MONZA, 140 pg. 1967 Too fast for existing conditions. Hit a car after a snow storm on the way to school.

That car could scoot!!!

bob
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

>>>>Too fast for existing conditions. Hit a car after a snow storm <<<<

I got ticketed for that back in 1977 while driving my wrecker towing a 1968 Riviera. I was only going 10 mph and was turning into my Texaco station when the lightly loaded front tires slid on the ice instead of turning. I gently bumped the back of of Dr Pepper truck and there was no damage.
But while were were there looking it over another car slid into the Rivvy I was towing and knocked it clear off the hooks and then it hit the back of my wrecker . It WAS a nice Rivvy.
So I told the cop I was only going 10 mph -- he wrote on the ticket " going 10mph when he should have been going 5mph"
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

Dont remember how fast but it was in a '88 Dodge Omni. Worst p.o.s. I ever owned and drove. Gotta love first cars, actualy I didnt. LOL.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
mamavair

Post by mamavair »

My most memorable ticket was when I 'Test Drove' my Fiat. Headed out on a double highway towards a neighboring small town doin 140-160. Comin back in to town was a big dip/valley, I crested one side...a county mounty crested the other side. I saw him before he saw me...wuz doin 145. Since the Fiat was way out of tune, it backfired when I slammed on the brakes leavin quite a bit of rubber. He noticed me and reacted...clocked me at 70 in a 55. After he wrote me the ticket, he asked me how fast I was goin before he clocked me, told him I was speedin up due to the incline...LOL

Shoulda known then...about 6 months after I bought it, I got ta park it for 30 days...and that's always such fun...LOL
vaporloc

Post by vaporloc »

I never got speeding tickets UNTIL.. I bought a 57 chevy convertible.. Now this car was rare, according to my dad. What made it rare was it had a 283 power pack engine with a 3 speed over drive transmission. My dad said He'd bet not many convertibles had the three on the tree over drive.. Probably will be a rare collector car some day.. Well I pulled the 283 out and stuffed a 421 Super Duty Pontiac with a 4-speed into it.. My dad ofcourse said I just ruined that car.. That is when my tickets started to come.. Street racing.. Tickets were always written up as to fast for conditions, wreckless driving, speeding.. That is how they write up a drag racing ticket. They don't call it drag racing or street racing. Regardless of what my dad said, that improved that car. Hills in Pennsylvania that I used to have to shift to 2nd gear to get up with the old 283, the 421 Pontiac would fly up them in 4th gear.. Oh did I mention I twisted the frame from all that Pontiac torque.. :chevy:
mamavair

Post by mamavair »

While she was "flying" down the road yesterday (10 miles over the limit), a woman passed over a bridge only to find a cop with a radar gun on the other side lying in wait.

The cop pulled her over, walked up to the car, and with that classic patronizing smirk we all know and love, asked, "What's your hurry?"

To which she replied, "I'm late for work."

"Oh yeah," said the cop, "what do you do?"

"I'm a rectum stretcher," she responded.

The cop stammered, "A what? A rectum stretcher? And just what does a rectum stretcher do?"

"Well," she said, "I start by inserting one finger, then work my way up to two fingers, then three, then four, then with my whole hand in. I work from side to side until I can get both hands in, and then I slowly but surely stretch, until it's about 6 feet wide."

"And just what the hell do you do with a 6 foot asshole?" he asked.

"You give him a radar gun and park him behind a bridge..."

Traffic Ticket $95.00

Court Costs. $45.00

The Look on Cop's Face.

PRICELESS :checkeredflag:
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

:clap: :rolling: :rolling:
1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/

Return to “Off Topic”