EZCARLIFT Question

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
blue62

EZCARLIFT Question

Post by blue62 »

I'm working with Boytcho, owner/inventor of EZCARLIFT re ordering a unit to lift my 1962 Corvair 900 Monza. He asked me if I wanted to use the lifting points or the pinch weld points. I have no clue. He said quite a few Corvair owners on here had his unit and suggested I post the question here and let him know what responses I get so he can send me the correct parts and pieces.
Thanks
Tim
Blue62
RexJohnson

Re: EZCARLIFT Question

Post by RexJohnson »

I use the provided pads on the pinch weld. With the whole lift coming up slow and even it doesn't seem to put any stress on the pinch welds.
RJ Tools Salem, OR
69 conv pulling a 66 trailer
blue62

Post by blue62 »

Thanks Rex
Tim
kmart356

Post by kmart356 »

Get the xm64 cross spacer. You can use some wood blocks on the provided pads if you want/need a few inches of additional lift or if you want to protect the pinch welds. Have used it on the 62 Spyder more than i care to admit. Nice and smooth. :tu:
Ken
'62 Spyder. '63 Monza.
doug6423

Post by doug6423 »

I forget the cross rail I got, but I use thicker rubber pads on top of the thin pads that come with it. When I lift from the pinch welds on the Corvair or the newer cars, the pinch welds push nicely into the pads. I've never had any damage such as bent pinch welds when lifting. The Corvair pinch welds are probably much more stout than newer cars anyway. You can find a wide variety of rubber lifting pads on Amazon etc.

I really like the simplicity of the EZ Lift. I also found a used drill on eBay to operate it. Everyone is getting rid of their wired tools so easy to find for a low price. Probably find one at your local Goodwill.
65 Monza
Cincinnati, OH
blue62

Post by blue62 »

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions - I appreciate it
sethracer

Post by sethracer »

Another data point- buy the most powerful wired drill you can find. Trust me. Forget about any cordless.
Corvair Enthusiast.
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

Some of the battery powered tools are much more powerful than corded ones. I know the 60v DeWalt circular saw is a lot more powerful than what you can get out of a 15A 120v circuit.
I do still agree you should use a corded drill for that application.
One thing to consider on any battery powered tool you may be looking at is that Ridgid has a lifetime warranty even on their batteries if purchased at Home Depot and registered within 90 days.
For any battery tools check out the Torque Test Channel on YouTube for dyno tests. Huge differences in tools sometimes.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

I know the 60v DeWalt circular saw is a lot more powerful than what you can get out of a 15A 120v circuit.

For how long? :rolling: That's why you need to buy more batteries, it only comes with one :wink:

So you have a battery warranty. What happens in 10 years when they stop making them? I can still plug my 1949 10" circular saw in and cut big stuff. I have thrown out several battery tools, including SNAP_ON! for non rebuildable batteries. The Lithium-Ion batteries used in these tools are much harder to rebuild than the old Ni-Cad and NiMH batteries. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I understand if you are framing on a jobsite 5 days + a week, then the tools might not be around in 10 years, but for others it is buying new tool sets.....
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Hey look, blue background! :wink: :thumbsup: :car: :spider: :frog: :train:
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

I read about what Ridgid did when they changed battery format last time. People said when they had a failure Ridgid replaced all their batteries and tools with the new type.
If Ridgid goes out of business then you are out of luck.
Battery run time and charge time can be a big problem if you use the saw a lot. Some of the saws I read about would crosscut 500 or more 2x4s on one charge. Angle grinders are the worst at around 7 minutes on a battery.
Just buy a dozen batteries and chargers!
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

Now that is a GREAT warranty!

Yes, we had trouble with Milwaukee angle grinders at work when lots of heavy welds needed to be removed. Ran through 8 batteries and had to stop. :eek: :eek:

I had them process a request for a corded angle grinder. Now that corded Milwaukee angle grinder keeps on going.
:tu:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Hey look, blue background! :wink: :thumbsup: :car: :spider: :frog: :train:
sethracer

Post by sethracer »

On the second lift of my Corvair on the EZ Car lift -correctly lubed - my Black & Decker 3/8" HD corded drill started putting out the "Ozone" electric smell, though it didn't slow down. I decided to buy a "real" drill and found this. This sucker will rip your wrist off. Image
Attachments
IMG_1976.JPG
Corvair Enthusiast.
Majorv

Post by Majorv »

I have a question about the EZ Lift. Can you use it without the crossbar safely? If not, it seems like it would be in the way when trying to run brake and/or fuel lines through the center tunnel.

Trying to decide between this and the QuckJack.
kmart356

Post by kmart356 »

Crossbar does not get in the way. Both the long front cover and the rear short cover can be removed for access to the center tunnel.
Ken
'62 Spyder. '63 Monza.
doug6423

Post by doug6423 »

kmart356 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:31 pm Crossbar does not get in the way. Both the long front cover and the rear short cover can be removed for access to the center tunnel.
Agree. I redid my underneath. I did put it on jack stands to POR-15 the floors though.
Attachments
IMG_0366.JPG
65 Monza
Cincinnati, OH
Majorv

Post by Majorv »

Thanks for letting me know. :tu:

Return to “Introductions”