Another New Member

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Aaron65

Another New Member

Post by Aaron65 »

Hi Everyone,

I signed up a few weeks ago because it looks like it will be the place to be from now on! Back in 2007, I bought my '65 Corvair on a whim and signed up at corvaircenter.com in the wrong order! I should have bought a much better car, but I've learned a lot along the way. Since I become attached to anything I've "saved," I still own it 17 years later. I'm not brand loyal, and I own seven other old cars, from a '53 Buick Special to a '74 Firebird. Mine will probably be the only Corvair I ever own (I don't like to duplicate cars), but I still drive it quite a bit when the salt's off the ground, and I still look longingly at '61/2 wagons and (for some reason) Aztec Bronze '66 models. And LM Sport Sedans.

Glad to be here - I don't usually ask questions anymore unless I'm puzzling something out and just want to talk it through with someone, but I appreciate all the help I've gotten along the way from many of the members who are now hanging out here, especially when I was learning the Corvair's quirks.

Aaron
1965 Corvair Monza Convertible
caraholic4life

Re: Another New Member

Post by caraholic4life »

Welcome Aaron,

Yes, This IS the place to be these days as that other place has gone downhill very fast under the misguided leadership that has recently taken control and refuses to realize the error of their ways.

MAYBE with time, things will get better over there but, if those currently at the helm don't wake up, I don't see any improvement anytime soon which is regrettable for them as well as the participants and hobby in general.

:my02: With a LOT of LUCK, the upcoming Elections will weed out some of the poor decision makers and install individuals that genuinely have the best interests of the enthusiasts in mind rather than their own narrow minded self serving adgenda's.
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
cnicol

Re: Another New Member

Post by cnicol »

Hi Aaron, WELCOME!
I've also recently moved to this forum and it's friendly "management".
Lots of familiar people here.
Craig
'61 140 PG Rampside
'66 Rear Alum V8 4-dr
'60 Monza PG coupe (sold, sniff, sniff)
'66 Corsa Fitch Sprint Conv. (First car 1971, recently repurchased)

Return to “Introductions”