We TRIED to Help CORSA Fix the Serious Issues with The Corvair Center Forum – Read Our Letter and Their Response HERE

Anything Corvair related
flamingchariots

Re: We TRIED to Help CORSA Fix the Serious Issues with The Corvair Center Forum – Read Our Letter and Their Response HER

Post by flamingchariots »

Quote by Joelsplace: "And you will be able to vote out the dictators!"

Yes, Joel........ if we only knew who they were.

The only obvious one is Vargas.
joelsplace

Re: We TRIED to Help CORSA Fix the Serious Issues with The Corvair Center Forum – Read Our Letter and Their Response HER

Post by joelsplace »

I'll get the list.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

joelsplace wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:45 pm And you will be able to vote out the dictators!
That is the best reason to be a CORSA member now!

Can we use it as a recruitment incentive? :question:
:helpsos:

:yeahthat: :popo: :partydance: :swerve: :rallye: :beamup:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Hey look, blue background! :wink: :thumbsup: :car: :spider: :frog: :train:
ihscomputers
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by ihscomputers »

Per a group email from CORSA President, Paul Sergeant, to the CORSA members who submitted their nominations to be elected to the CORSA Board of Directors in the coming 2024 election, please note the following:

EASTERN DIVISION with 2 seats open for election:

Titus Stewart is running for re-election

Dean Gemberling is running for election.

CENTRAL DIVISION with 1 seat open for election

Jack Green is running for election

Larry Claypool is running for election

WESTERN DIVISION with 1 seat open for election

Dave Watson aka Davemotohead is running for election

Greg Vargas is running for re-election
Dean F. Gemberling
Box Springs, Georgia
Heart of Georgia Webmaster
RUNNING FOR EASTERN DIRECTOR

1963 Rampside w/305 V8 - Built by Ken Arnold in 1998
1965 Monza Coupe w/63 Buick 215 V8 - Former 13-sec Drag Car by Ken Arnold
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

I'm thinking that the best interests of the community would be served if those voting would give serious consideration to the following candidates....

EASTERN DIVISION: Titus Stewart and Dean Gemberling.

CENTRAL DIVISION: Jack Green.

WESTERN DIVISION: Dave Watson aka Davemotohead.

Although the other candidate for the Central Division position has name recognition, in this particular instance I am leaning toward Jack Green as he has experience in Non-Profit Organizations that would be beneficial to the CORSA organization going forward.

As far as the Western Division goes, my personal choice would be for Dave Watson hands down as he has demonstrated his commitment to the community continuously over the years and I think would be a better fit for the position.

As much as Greg Vargas may have contributed to the Western Division in the past, he has shown his true colors in the past year. It seems that his Ego has gotten in the way of doing what is best for the entire community.
The best way to reign him in would be to vote him OUT!
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
erco

Post by erco »

I may join just to vote for Davemotohead! Sure sounds like Vargas has done more harm than good and overstayed his welcome.
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

I was sure who to vote for in the east and west division. Central was going to be a toss up. Thanks for some insight. But what about those unelected advisors they use on the board. How are they gotten rid of?

Edit: Never having voted for any BoD members before does show the ignorance in my statement. Dean gladly PM'd me the basics about the elections and divisions. Now I have enough info not to be posting dumb statements. Dean will be a good addition to Corsa Board, if we all can get him there.

Thanks, Dean.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE
sethracer

Post by sethracer »

Dean - Eastern Division - Two Candidates, two open spots. Time to relax.
Corvair Enthusiast.
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

Keep in mind that the Election Period Ends May 31, 2024

It is important to VOTE for those who will look out for the best interests of the community.

The current Directors who appear to have their own personal agenda along with ego issues need to be VOTED OUT and shown the door!

If you are unsure who to Vote for in this election, look through this thread for some insight.
If you need further convincing who needs to go, look at the Ghost Town that once was the CCF .
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

We have to hope that each division gets new people voted in. In the past, one person with fresh ideas gets voted in. Then every idea they have is shot down by the others because “that’s not how we do things”.
David Clamp

1965 Corsa convertible, 140/4sp
2009 Porsche 911 Carrera, 3.6L/7sp PDK
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

I've been a CORSA member since 1995 and never was concerned enough to vote.
This year I voted for Jack Green in Central Division. I had a very nice phone call from him when I was undecided.
The other guy has never given me the time of day even when I asked for it 13 years ago while forming a Business Plan. I'm not much for smug.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
erco

Post by erco »

jimbrandberg wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:26 am I'm not much for smug.
It's not a good quality.

vairmech

Post by vairmech »

jimbrandberg wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:26 am I've been a CORSA member since 1995 and never was concerned enough to vote.
This year I voted for Jack Green in Central Division. I had a very nice phone call from him when I was undecided.
The other guy has never given me the time of day even when I asked for it 13 years ago while forming a Business Plan. I'm not much for smug.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
Hey Jim, I don't know what other guy you are talking about but I remember you and I spending a fair amount of time on the phone talking about how I did things and what you wanted to do! But I don't think I was on the BoD then.
Ken Hand
248 613 8586
vairmech@aol.com
Corsa Past President
Corvanatics Vice Prez
Chair 2007 Detroit Convention
Co-chair 2014 Tacoma Convention
Doug Ward

Post by Doug Ward »

I have been keeping my mouth shut lately but now feel that it's time for a change here in the west. I had a situation a few months ago that involved my efforts to share the good stuff my chapter has been fortunate to enjoy. I heard from Dave Watson , responding to a comment I had made about how our chapter ( Vintage Corsa) has grown from about 7 members just a few years ago, to having over 60 members now. Dave was interested in learning how our chapter runs among other things, so I invited him to attend one of our meetings & see for himself.
Well, my timing was accidentely close ( and prior to)to the time ( 2 or 3 weeks)that Dave announced that he was running for the western director position. My effort had NOTHING to do with any promoting any director position.
Mr Vargas saw my invitation on the forum and immediatly called our President & dragged him over the coals for allowing Dave to come to our meeting & promote himself. Greg was wrong.( The promotional time hadn't yet begun) Instead of getting in touch with me. It was all my efforts to share good stuff with Dave. Our President called me to tell me that Greg called him and to UN-invite Dave to our meeting. Was Greg not man enough to direct his misguided ego to me ? And who has the authority to tell any member who they can or can not invite to our meeting. Kind of dictatorship like , if you ask me.
I try to promote our chapter as best as I can & have been instrumental in bring several new faces to our group. That's all I did !
As a closing thought, I must say that Greg has done a lot for all the western chapters and has been appreciated for those efforts. Thanks for being involved in mostly good ways Greg. You have been well thought of, but lately something has changed & it hasn't been done well.
Now that the votes are coming in, I believe that Dave Watson just might be the fellow to fill the position of western Director of Corsa.
2LZ

Post by 2LZ »

I'm new so blaze away. You guys have fun and vote whatever. I just want to learn about the cars. I'm a mechanic and just need the tech. It's what forums are truly about as opposed to FB. The politics means nothing. Not a club guy, not a joiner. As long as you fine Guru's continue to spread the true Corvair info, that's what really matters, ain't it? :dontknow:
"Light a fire for a man, and you heat him for a day. Light a man on fire, and you heat him for the rest of his life."
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

2LZ - where the politics hurt you is when they destroy a forum like happened recently with Corvair Center.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX

Return to “Corvair Talk”