2 Parts Cars for FREE

(Corvair ads you find on other sites can also be discussed here, i.e. ebay, craigslist.)
Forum rules
All Classified posts will be automatically deleted approximately 90 days after posting.
mustangway

2 Parts Cars for FREE

Post by mustangway »

Have 2 parts cars (62 & 64 2 Door) for FREE! MULTIPLE small parts, 6 extra doors and several rear hoods, wheels, and lots of SS Trim. No engine, trans or rears but pretty much all else. Can forklift onto a flatbed. Take one or both, but no removal of individual parts. I don't believe these are rebuildable, but maybe. Just have to move them out and can't bear to take to scrap yard. Many more pics available. Located in far upstate NY outside Plattsburgh. Come and take them please!
67mustangway@gmail.com
mustangway

Re: 2 Parts Cars for FREE

Post by mustangway »

Pictures
Attachments
Corvairs1
Corvairs1
Corvairs2
Corvairs2
PXL_20230903_185046803.jpg (53.71 KiB) Viewed 909 times
Corvairs3
Corvairs3
R. Mutt

Post by R. Mutt »

Sigh...what appears a perfectly fine windshield, something I've needed for my '60 since I found it in 2017.
But it and a host of very helpful, needful parts are in New York, and not the Big Bend of Texas.
And there is no Corvair club nor other enthusiast anywhere around in a several-hundred-mile radius: I've looked, asked, run down so many wild goose chases it's damned close to maddening. Out here you're on your own.

Have easy access to parts? Consider yourself very, very fortunate.
Kamiwilder77

Post by Kamiwilder77 »

:tu:
R. Mutt wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:23 pm Sigh...what appears a perfectly fine windshield, something I've needed for my '60 since I found it in 2017.
But it and a host of very helpful, needful parts are in New York, and not the Big Bend of Texas.
And there is no Corvair club nor other enthusiast anywhere around in a several-hundred-mile radius: I've looked, asked, run down so many wild goose chases it's damned close to maddening. Out here you're on your own.

Kamiwilder77

Post by Kamiwilder77 »

R. Mutt wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:23 pm Sigh...what appears a perfectly fine windshield, something I've needed for my '60 since I found it in 2017.

Kamiwilder77

Post by Kamiwilder77 »

Kamiwilder77

Post by Kamiwilder77 »

Rog

Post by Rog »

I need that truck lid so bad.
MrJackson

Post by MrJackson »

To R MUTT for the windshield he needs. Me too, NY too far away. Have you considered having 1 molded of plexiglass,Plexiglass will work with a custom bug deflector on your front hood. Sincerely yours,melvin Jackson Vegas vairs
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

Can't use Plexiglas for auto windshields here in Georgia. Probably same reg throughout the USA.

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/20 ... e%20inches.

No opaque or solid material including, but not limited to, cardboard, plastic, and taped glass shall be employed in lieu of a glass windshield or window.
No motor vehicle shall be operated with a windshield or rear window having a starburst or spider webbing effect greater than three inches by three inches.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

You have to commend a Mustang guy for wanting to find a good home for these Corvairs and parts. I hope someone in the area takes him up on it.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
American Mel

Post by American Mel »

You are right about that Jim, though, . . . . .
The original post was made 6 months ago, with no follow-up posts.
Who knows if they are even still around now.
Currently own: '66Monza Coupe, '67Monza Vert, '67A/C Monza Sport Sedan
Have owned: '61Monza Coupe, '62Monza Wagon, '63Spyder, '65 Corsa
Loc: WA, One mile south of Canadian border.
American Mel

Post by American Mel »

Actually Al, in reading the Georgia law, it doesn't outright ban the use of a plastic windshield.
It bans the use of an OPAQUE sheeting, and BROKEN glass.
Unless there is more to the law than you posted in your link, It does not mention TRANSPARENT plastic as being prohibited.
Funny, I have always heard that plastic was illegal also.
Currently own: '66Monza Coupe, '67Monza Vert, '67A/C Monza Sport Sedan
Have owned: '61Monza Coupe, '62Monza Wagon, '63Spyder, '65 Corsa
Loc: WA, One mile south of Canadian border.
Wittsend

Post by Wittsend »

This would be a great "Starter Kit" for the next guy who aspires to be Joel. Everybody has to start somewhere. ::-):
'61 Lakewood in a coma for 50 years - now has a pulse
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

I need some competition.
I have a lead on 40 and I'm lacking motivation.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX

Return to “Vehicles For Sale”