Garage Floor coating?

Got a Body Tag that needs decoding? Post it here.
potvinguy

Re: Garage Floor coating?

Post by potvinguy »

I tried one of those DIY kits. You have to prep the floor by acid etching it and then rinsing. Then you roll on the coating. But the coating didn't stick well to the floor. It started sticking to my hot tires and coming off in pieces.
I've heard others who just used concrete stain with good results. Not as fancy, but better than just bare concrete.
65Monza140

Re: Garage Floor coating?

Post by 65Monza140 »

Here's a picture of my 3 year old Rustoleum Epoxy Shield coating I rolled on. I'm not very kind to it, but it's held up pretty well. There's only one quarter sized spot that didn't stick well.

This was new concrete in a new construction home, but I still acid washed the floor and rinsed well with the hose to get it this good.
Rustoleum Epoxy coating.jpg
My wife went a little wild with the sprinkles that come with the kit. I was a little woozy with the fumes when I was done, so I'd advise doing it on a cool summer night with the door up.

Generally I think it's worth it. neighbors spent a ton of $ hiring the best, and while it looks good, I wouldn't even want to treat it as a garage floor and risk an oil spill on it.

Return to “Body/VIN Tag Decoding”