NECC at NYST: The Countdown Continues…. (Northeast Corvair Council Event)

Autocross, Landspeed, Drag Racing, Road Racing, Other Driving/Racing topics
Allan Lacki

NECC at NYST: The Countdown Continues…. (Northeast Corvair Council Event)

Post by Allan Lacki »

NECC at NYST: The Countdown Continues….

June is here! And in the next 3 weeks, 3 really good things are coming:

1) Father's Day, Sunday June 16th
2) The 24 Hours of LeMans, Saturday into Father's Day
3) The 6 Hours of NECC at New York Safety Track (NYST), Saturday June 22nd!

Well, technically it's not 6 hours in a row on that last one (we do break for lunch), but you can have 6 hours of track time on the twists and turns of New York Safety Track. Think that'll be a rush? Think you and your car will get a good workout?? Heck yeah!!

So register now for NECC at NYST. It's a great track and you'll have a great time in the beautiful upstate countryside.

To register, visit our website at www.neccmotorsports.com and send your check payable to "NECC" to John Ryall, NECC Registrar, 14 Mishawum Drive, Dartmouth, MA 02748.

REMINDER: To be eligible for the reduced registration fee of $295, your check must be postmarked on or before June 8! After that, the price rises to $350. (If you can’t pre-pay, you can pay at the track).

Bill Tynan and Al Lacki for NECC Motorsports
www.neccmotorsports.com
Allan Lacki

Re: NECC at NYST: The Countdown Continues…. (Northeast Corvair Council Event)

Post by Allan Lacki »

NECC at New York Safety Track – A Report.

We had a great day at NYST on Saturday, June 22. Unfortunately, only three Corvairs showed up. The Corvair drivers were the father-and-son team of Dan & Nick Schmidt, Terry Stafford, and me. The rest of the field was filled by water-pumpers.

All of the Corvair Racers were at the big Mid-Ohio event, but few of them run with NECC anymore unless we're doing a CORSA convention event, so we really didn't expect them anyway. And so many other Corvair guys in the northeast area haven't shown up since we stopped doing our track days at Lime Rock way back in 2007.

As for myself, I had the dubious honor of having the slowest lap time during the timed laps. It's pretty hard to compete against 400 hp BMWs and the like in a basically factory-stock Corvair! But I had fun anyway. My Corvair isn't a track car by any means, and because I don’t trailer it, I had to depend on it to take me back home to Pennsylvania. It’s a five-hour drive each way, so I played it safe on the track.

You can see the lap times on the NECC website at www.neccmotorsports.com Use the navigation menu and click on "Lap Times".

We also have plenty of photos on the website and especially on our NECC Motorsports Facebook page.

Al Lacki ::-):

Return to “Flaps up, Balls out!”