New CORSA Membership Roster Available & A Roster Rescue Story

Corvair Society of America discussion, questions, feedback, ideas
SteveInMarietta

New CORSA Membership Roster Available & A Roster Rescue Story

Post by SteveInMarietta »

Do you have a CORSA Membership Roster – with names, addresses and contact info - in your Corvair? Even if you do, now’s the time to get a new one.

ImageThe updated 2018 CORSA Membership Roster is now available. It’s a 5” x 8” booklet that easily fits into the glovebox. A must have for travel in your Corvair. Members can log-in to the CORSA website and order a copy in the “Store” menu under
Publications

Not a CORSA member? Having a CORSA membership Roster in your car could one day ‘save-the-day’! Follow this link for CORSA membership information.

My “Roster Rescue” story:
It was a Sunday afternoon in 1986 and we had the Greenbrier on a camping trip to the northern sector of the MI lower peninsula. On an isolated road in the sparsely populated region south of Traverse City, the fan belt failed. Not worried, I quickly installed the spare belt and headed on our way. Only to have the second belt shred about one click down the road (First lesson – don’t carry an old fan belt as your spare). But I did have a CORSA Membership Roster in the glovebox, and sure-enough, a CORSA member resided in the nearby city. No cell phones in those days, so it was a walk first to a house to make the call. About 45 minutes later a kind individual (whose name I have long since forgotten) delivered a new replacement belt, and we continued with no more incidents. (Second lesson – Always keep a CORSA Membership Roster with you when traveling.)

Does anyone else have a Roster Rescue story to share?

Steve Spilatro
CORSA Social Media Coordinator
Allan Lacki

Re: New CORSA Membership Roster Available & A Roster Rescue Story

Post by Allan Lacki »

Nice! If you plan to do any long-distance traveling, it's a good idea to keep a copy of the CORSA Member Roster in your car. Even if you're an expert at doing roadside repairs, you'll still need to find a person who can bring you the replacement part you need to get your Corvair back on the road. Who is most likely to have a stash of spare Corvair parts for such occasions? A CORSA member, of course! ::-):
CorsaCharlie

Post by CorsaCharlie »

Here is the (new) way to find the link to "Member Roster Lookup" that was not labeled correctly, and REQUIRED MEMBER LOGIN, but even after logging in, it's hard to realize that "CORSA people" means "CORSA MEMBERS," so-o-o-o ...
CORSA (Alan Lacki) has changed the page for the better way to find the Member Roster as of May 1, 2024:
Member Roster Lookup~New~May 2024.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CORSA has changed the labels to be more accurate but this was the path prior to 4/30/2024:
This was the old way that was changed in May 2024 (see above for the new way):
[/attachment]
Attachments
CORSA Web Page Member Roster Lookup
CORSA Web Page Member Roster Lookup
Last edited by CorsaCharlie on Thu May 02, 2024 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

And i can see having the booklet in any vehicle when the Corvair is on a trip. Lack of signal, dead phone battery and website is down are some reasons for the booklet. How many have not run into these electronic maladies when on a trip.

Be safe have paper also, just like a fairly recent Road atlas.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Charles Lee - Thanks for your suggestion. You're correct - the online roster was buried pretty deep in the CORSA website.
In response, I revised the CORSA website's navigation menu so that the online membership roster should be easier to find.

FYI for Everybody - You don't need to know the name of a particular CORSA member to use the online membership roster.
You can get a list of all current CORSA members in a particular town, state, province or county.

To do it, use the "Edit Search Criteria" box. For example, if you want a list of CORSA members who live in the city of "Bath", go to the Edit Search Criteria box, simply enter "Sinking Spring" in the City field, and click on the Search button. You'll find that we have a member named "Allan Lacki" there. That's me!

No need to fill out the other fields in the Edit Search Criteria box unless you really want to.

Al Lacki ::-):

Return to “Corvair Society of America discussion”