Toro Corvair Project Thread azdave

Non-Traditionally Powered Corvairs
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Toro Corvair Project Thread azdave

Post by azdave »

In my experience no, but I do see people out there claiming they have V8 Vairs with rear radiators that work for them. I also find people who claim their 18" rims and tires don't rub on their lowed cars but the cuts I see in the sidewalls says otherwise. ::-):

I can't rip down the freeway at 80 MPH when it's 110F outside for more than 8 miles of so before the heat soak catches up and I have to slow down. I don't drive my V8 that way so it works for me. Never had the radiator puke on me but I know it could happen if I was not paying attention. Lots of old muscle cars puke when they arrive at the car show and shut down their big blocks but not mine.
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
V6corvair

Post by V6corvair »

azdave wrote:In my experience no, but I do see people out there claiming they have V8 Vairs with rear radiators that work for them. I also find people who claim their 18" rims and tires don't rub on their lowed cars but the cuts I see in the sidewalls says otherwise. ::-):

I can't rip down the freeway at 80 MPH when it's 110F outside for more than 8 miles of so before the heat soak catches up and I have to slow down. I don't drive my V8 that way so it works for me. Never had the radiator puke on me but I know it could happen if I was not paying attention. Lots of old muscle cars puke when they arrive at the car show and shut down their big blocks but not mine.

Sent from my iPad using Corvair Forum mobile app
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

Update:

It's been 11 fun years since putting this V8 Corvair back on the road. I've done little significantly new to it in all that time except to drive it and show it off but now may be the finale of my V8 Corvair ownership. I had already sold off my other two Toro V8's a few years back and this weekend I made a deal to sell the last one which I featured in this thread. It will be heading to Wisconsin in a few weeks to a fellow Corvair owner. I don't get the feeling the new owner is online much but he is very active with a local CORSA chapter there so I hope to see it around sometime in the future.

Here is an idling video from a few weeks ago looking and sounding much the same as it did back in 2011.

Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
doug6423

Post by doug6423 »

That sound really good Dave!! :not worthy:
65 Monza
Cincinnati, OH