carburator

All Models and Years
dick2256

carburator

Post by dick2256 »

I bought a new carburetor Rochester 2GC 2 barrel that runs on a cross over tube so I only have one carburetor to worry about
My old carb main jets were 51 and the new carb already has 52 using for an airboat engine don't you think that would be close enough
The old carb was a 2GC also
Wagon Master

Re: carburator

Post by Wagon Master »

Yep.
Jerry Whitt

Post by Jerry Whitt »

Check your spelling, kids!!!
Jerry Whitt
ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECHNICIAN
Retired
Hemet, Callifornia
65 Monza, purchased new
65 Corsa convertible
dick2256

Post by dick2256 »

I don't know what you are referring to I am 84 years old and if I misspell something I am sorry
But I do need help on how to hook up a Rochester 2GC carburato9r so the choke will work
It has a automatic choke that is run strictly with vacuum
My old carb was a 2GCF but it never had the choke parts they all had been removed and I ran it with a manual choke cable.
any help will be appreciated.
dick2256

Post by dick2256 »

pictures of new carburator
Attachments
picture of both sides
picture of both sides
s-l1600.jpg
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I have never worked with one of these carburetors, but I did find a description of the choke mechanism that appears to function based on a heat source from the engine. An electric choke coil is also mentioned...
The 2GC is the automatic choke version with the choke coil mounted on the side of the carburetor. In early versions (1955 - late 60's) the choke thermostat assembly is attached to the airhorn (top part) of the carburetor.

The choke coil is heated by hot air drawn through a tube connected to the intake manifold at the exhaust crossover or the exhaust manifold.

This layout was used in marine applications into the late 1980's. In many cases, the hot air choke was replaced with an electric choke coil.

Starting in the late 1960's the choke thermostat moved down to the throttle body. This arrangement was used until the last domestic automotive application in 1979.

Another choke arrangement, used mainly on Chevrolet engines was the 2GV, in which the 'V' referred to the choke coil being remotely mounted on the manifold.
http://www.carbkitsource.com/carbs/tech ... index.html

I also found this YouTube video description of the electric choke conversion, which sounds like it might be necessary for using this carburetor on a Corvair...

:link: http://www.carburetor-parts.com/

Contact Us
We welcome your phone calls but please keep these points in mind.

Due to call volume we do not answer what is wrong with my carburetor type questions over the phone. We are happy to answer your questions via email.

All available parts are listed in the web store.
We are available by phone 7 AM -4 PM Mon-Fri Pacific

Use email: sales@mikescarb.com when you need to send us photos.

Mike's Carburetor Parts
110 Avery RD E
Chehalis, WA. 98532
Phone: 888 689-9758

Rochester 2G 2GC 2GV Technical

:link: http://www.carburetor-parts.com/Rochest ... p_288.html
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
dick2256

Post by dick2256 »