BEWARE OF THE DOGHOUSE!!!

Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Cfred

Re: The DOGHOUSE...

Post by Cfred »

What a reminder !!
My wife ran a Sears store and would refuse to sell to these guys that wanted to buy their wife a new washer or vacuum. She would say go buy Perfume or even a red nightgown...
hentysnr

Post by hentysnr »

Hey guys there is some serious good advise for young aspiring corvair owners, oh and make sure you get a small dog, its more difficult to be shoved into a small doghouse :tu:
WHY DRIVE ANYTHING ELSE THAN A CORVAIR :emfront:

'64 Bad Back!
'60 4dr 500
'61 4dr 700 BIG BORE 3.2lt
'63 Monza Coupe
'65 Monza Coupe
tommy44432

Post by tommy44432 »

hentysnr wrote:Hey guys there is some serious good advise for young aspiring corvair owners, oh and make sure you get a small dog, its more difficult to be shoved into a small doghouse :tu:
Well....I can't beat the number of collector cars you currently own but I may be able to beat the total quantity...lol. Wife and I were both 19 when we got married in 1968 but she knew I was a car guy going in. We had only one car, a 1965 K code Ford Fairlane 500...with 4 speed. Grocery getter through the week but 1/4 mile car on weekends. I blew it up shortly after we were married so now we had to borrow a car and you know how that went over. So I bought us another car and kept the Fairlane. But then I needed a car for work so got me a used pickup. The problem I have is I grow attached to the cars and even when they grow old, rusty, and weary I find it hard to part with them. After I parked my 11th car out behind the garage the wife put her foot down. Some had to go! Reluctantly I sold some but always managed to keep a half dozen or more. Seems like that was the tolerable amount of iron I could keep. I'm 66 years young now yet my insatiable desire ( or fetish...???) to hang on to cars still remains. Behind the shop now is a 1975 Monte Carlo and a 1983 Monte Carlo. I keep saying "I'll get to them" and maybe I will. Still have 6 running, driving cars though. 3 collector cars (1963 and 1967 Chevy ll, 1963 Corvair convertible), a '98 Grand Prix (that is slowly becoming a behind the barn car), an '04 Chevy pickup, and an '07 Monte Carlo. Wife still keeps me around although as I approach 67 years of age the wife says I should get a spot ready behind the garage for me!!
NMVair

Post by NMVair »

what about these for Christmas?
Attachments
IMG_1433.JPG
IMG_1436.JPG
IMG_1434.JPG
NMVair

Post by NMVair »

Its funny you should mention Sears. We talked about it in Business In Modern Society class. Most students think Target is a department store. Whatever!
I am a non "traditional student" meaning older......anyway I am watching after I went in there recently to buy some things for my yard.......It kind of scared me how far down they have gone. So then I've been watching their stock......even more scary. However, The spinsters seem to think there is hope. Professor seems to think its only a matter of time.
Interesting. I talked about it with my family and they remember when Sears was the place, man. Think about it, Toughskin jeans, Die hard and Craftsman was really good stuff for weekend warriors. My dad even had a Craftsman air compressor in his shop......
Man the manager of the K-Mart here is such a nice guy I haven't got the heart to tell him KMART SUCKS!
But seriously, I guess if kids think Target is a department store, quality in this country is in real trouble.

Return to “Off Topic”