New from Shedd, Oregon

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
dustdevil 1

New from Shedd, Oregon

Post by dustdevil 1 »

We have a 1963 Corvair monza turbo spyder. Its in rough shape but we have started the process of restoring it. Already find it hard to find parts that are reasonable.Rafee has been most helpful.
This is a car my wife wanted so she could take grandchildren with her.
The forum looks like a very good source for help .

Thanks
Bill & Karen Neal
Attachments
PICT0008.JPG
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: New from Shedd, Oregon

Post by bbodie52 »

:wave: Image :goofywave: Welcome, Bill and Karen, to the Corvair Forum! That is a great looking 1963 Spyder convertible you have. From what I can see in the one picture it certainly does not appear to be in very rough shape! The top looks great, the paint is a little rough in spots, and the rear deck edge looks to be a little rough, but the interior looks very nice and the body looks to be sound. More pictures of the interior and engine compartment would be great. I think that many Corvair owners could only wish for such a clean Corvair as a "starting point" for a restoration!

Do you live in Oregon, and if so, what part? Most Corvair project cars respond well to DIY "shade tree mechanics". How would you rate your own mechanical abilities? What are you plans, goals and objectives with your Corvair, and if there are problem areas with the car, what do you feel they are? I'm not trying to snoop around, but because of the limitations of the Internet, we on the Corvair Forum only know what you tell us. I think you will find the Corvair Forum to be a very friendly and helpful site to obtain opinions, advice, help and guidance from numerous Corvair owners who are anxious to work together in support of a common interest. But knowing something of your mechanical skills and abilities, your Corvair-related knowledge, your location, and your goals will help us to help you, and it will guide us in providing answers and comments that will hopefully be more meaningful and helpful to you. So if you are willing to post a brief Corvair-related biography and more pictures and description of your "purple passion' Spyder convertible it would help to improve communication on this Corvair website.

If you browse around the Introductions section, you will find many posts from new members of the Forum who have similar interests to your own. For example, First Post: New to me Corvair -Should I ship it or drive it? viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5972 describes a new Spyder convertible owner in Colorado. My own introduction: New from Lake Chatuge North Carolina viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4032, was posted when I first joined the Corvair Forum after purchasing a Corsa convertible about a year ago.

This link will provide you with a list of useful Internet websites that you may find helpful:

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

If you live in Oregon, Corvair Underground in particular may prove useful to you. They have been in the Corvair parts business almost as long as Clark's Corvair Parts (since 1974) and, depending on your location, may be physically close to you.

Phone: 800-825-8247 or 503-434-1648

Fax: 503-434-1626

Online Email: sales@corvairunderground.com

Mail Address: P.O. Box 339, Dundee, OR 07115

Physical Address: CORVAIR UNDERGROUND, 2735 Bunn Rd, McMinnville, OR 97128

=========================================================================

If you are interested in possibly joining CORSA (Corvair Society of America) and in possibly socializing with other Corvair owners in Oregon, there are three CORSA club chapters in Portland, Eugene, and Medford Oregon...

CORSA Chapter Locator - CORSA Oregon
Chapter ID: 970
Organization Name: CORSA Oregon
Street Address (Primary): P.O. Box 1445, Portland, OR 97207-1445

President: Regan Metcalf metcalfre@msn.com 12312 SE Steele St, Portland, OR 97236, (503) 761-0745 or (503) 341-8999 (Cellular)
Membership: Steve Brown stephen.g.brown@ODOT.state.or.us
Web: Mike Mehl mike.mehl@yahoo.com
Secretary: Bill Strickland
Treasurer: Gary Baldwin
Newsletter Editor: Ritha Metcalf
Newsletter Name: Corvair-sations
Email (Primary): wjabs@cascadeaccess.com
Corsa Oregon is the home of Corvair fans in the Portland/Vancouver area. We meet the first Wednesday of each month at Oregon Stamp Building at 7:30pm, located at 4828 SE 33rd St, Portland, Oregon. The meetings usually have at tech session.
CORSA Chapter Locator - Beaver State Corvair Club
Chapter ID: 973
Organization Name: Beaver State Corvair Club
Street Address (Primary): 3151 Stark St, Eugene, Oregon 97404-4512

President: Mike Johnson, 541-791-3537(h), 541-979-6291(c)
Vice President: Rex Johnson, 503-370-4283
Secretary: Greg Miller, 541-689-4478(h), 541-228-1900(c)
Treasurer: Duane Bischoff, 541-896-3741
Newsletter Editor: Greg Miller, 541-228-1900 (c)
Newsletter Name: Bevair Tales
Sample Newsletter: Website: http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter973/
Email (Primary): gregorymiller69@comcast.net
Our next meeting that will be held the SECOND Tuesday, July 9th at the Sizzler Restaurant, 1010 Postal Way, Springfield, OR 97477; Dinner at 6:00, meeting at 7:00(ish).
CORSA Chapter Locator - Southern Oregon Corvair Owners
Chapter ID: 975
Organization Name: Southern Oregon Corvair Owners
Street Address (Primary): 512 Fairmount Street, Medford, OR 97501-2426

President: Mike Stanley
Vice President:
Secretary: Steve Farrell
Treasurer:
Newsletter Editor: Chris Stanley
Newsletter Name: SOCO News
Email (Primary): stanleyfamily1@attbi.com

Finally, here are some Corvair production numbers you may find to be interesting...

Again, welcome! :welcome2:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
dagdal1967
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by dagdal1967 »

Let me add my :welcome: as well! As another newby, it's good to see other people with interest in restoring and DRIVING these cars! :swerve:

You'll find the people on this board AMAZINGLY helpful and full of knowledge.. Brad is Mr. Encyclopedia when it comes to these things, but pretty much everyone here is not only willing to help but has a wealth of knowledge available!

Can't wait to see the progress on that lovely EM Spyder! :tu:
Doug Gault
Fort Worth, Texas

- 2013 Cadillac ATS Premium
- 1964 Palomar Red Corvair 900 Monza Club Coupe
- 1961 Lincoln Continental

The Air Cooled Addiction Continues...
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Thanks, Doug (I think) for the Mr. Encyclopedia moniker. At age 60, it is nice to know that my mind hasn't completely faded away yet! ::-):

:typing: :BradBodie: :google: :rolling:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
dagdal1967
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by dagdal1967 »

Meant with Love Brad! :tongue:
Doug Gault
Fort Worth, Texas