My Plans for Next Year..Yours?

Humor, Politics, etc...
sam60

My Plans for Next Year..Yours?

Post by sam60 »

I have a few things that are a must do in 2013:

1. Get the pad poured for the steel building that is sitting in back yard.
2. Build the damn thing.
3. Find a good LM candidate for a V8 build. :pray:

There are many other things that I need to do and will get done with, but these are the items that are at the top of my list. I haven't worked on a Vair other than simple stuff on the one I have had for almost a year. (Newbie)

What do you guys and gals have high on your list? :think:

EDIT: Sorry, should have put this in Off Topic...can ya slide it over? ::-):
140-4 carb w/transaxle - Traded for a guitar

69 Wayne 100 - Blue Water hull - sitting out back
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: My Plans for Next Year..Your's?

Post by bbodie52 »

Thread moved to Off Topic, as requested. :wrench:

Plans for next year? Prepping my 1966 Corsa convertible for a lengthy cross-country vacation run from North Carolina, to include north to New England and Canada, then west to Michigan for the CORSA convention in Kalamazoo, then continuing west to visit friends in Utah and Idaho, and on to Washington, British Columbia, Oregon, and California (Lake Tahoe, the San Francisco/San Jose/Monterey and Carmel area, and then south on the Pacific Coast Highway to Los Angeles and San Diego, and finally a return east via Route 66 to it's end in Illinois, and then back to North Carolina. I may decide to tow a small motorcycle trailer to take our Yamaha FJR1300 sport touring motorcycle with us, to ride it in the areas we drive to. If we can manage all that, that should do it for 2013! :checkeredflag:

Anybody want to volunteer to babysit our two cats? ::-): :rolling:

ImageImage
Attachments
Our 1966 Corsa Convertible that will carry us across the USA and back.
Our 1966 Corsa Convertible that will carry us across the USA and back.
Brad's Yamaha and Suzuki Motorcycles (The silver Yamaha is my candidate for our cross-country trip)
Brad's Yamaha and Suzuki Motorcycles (The silver Yamaha is my candidate for our cross-country trip)
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
sam60

Post by sam60 »

Good Banana Wrench work quick! Thanks, Brad
140-4 carb w/transaxle - Traded for a guitar

69 Wayne 100 - Blue Water hull - sitting out back
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

No specific plans for my cars exactly. I'm doing some home remodel projects that are killing my time and spare cash. I am going to try and sell a few of my hobby cars and consolidate that money into making the remaining ones more awesome. I'm through with having 5 or 6 classic cars that are only 75% done. Gonna try a new approach, plus I now know I will never be able to afford to restore all these cars. I'd like to get down to 3.

This sounds more like a New Year's resolution! ::-):
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

My plan is to get my 65 convertible on the road. Then my daughters 63 coupe. Next in line is help my Dad get his 64 Spyder on the road. I hope to have all three cars at the Fan Belt Toss this year. Not sure if I 'll be able to do it all but that is the goal.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

I am looking forward to working on my first vair. I will have an interesting :think: project with the RH side of the engine. It will be a fun challenge to see if the 2 dead cylinders come back to life without pulling the head :checkeredflag:

After our Christmas get together I am sitting pretty good with a Clarks gift certificate ::-):
Attachments
photo taken just after the valve cover was removed.
photo taken just after the valve cover was removed.
head nuts/rocker studs backing out! note- photo taken before I touched the adjusting nut.
head nuts/rocker studs backing out! note- photo taken before I touched the adjusting nut.
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: My Plans for Next Year..Yours?

Post by TikiRalf »

working more on the lakewood, order more parts and try to make it 1 lakewood again :-)

Still a lot of work to do
hentysnr

Post by hentysnr »

Hi Guys :wave:

Yeh, 2013 is going to be a busy year for me! I go back to work on the 7th Jan and am going to hit the ground running at 100km/h, it's great to have so much work on hand, but it also means lots of travelling for me, not so great :td: ! but great for bonuses in August :clap: !

I have a lot of :chevy: things I would like to do this year, just do not quite know how I am going to get it all done.
1. Want to rebuild my 64 4sp gbox for my BigBore engine.
2. Install the Bigbore engine in my 61 4dr.
3. Fit a set of bucket seats that have been gathering dust for the last year.
4. Fit a good set of 4 point safety belts.
5. Build and fit a a roll cage, need some advise on that one.
6. Build and fit a front anti roll/sway bar.
7. Fit the quick turn arms that have been gathering dust for a year.
8. Install a good efficient oil cooler.
9. Pluck up enough courage to put the car onto a track this year :checkeredflag: .
10. Last but not least the greatest challenge is building my Coupe, from a 61 4dr front end, 64 Coupe rear end, roof and doors.
11. Have already started re-arranging my workshop as Father Christmas brought me a new milling machine, 12cfm compressor for my blasting cabinet and migmag welder, you see I was a good boy last year. Painted the houses roof and the exterior also ate all my veggies every night and only got one speeding ticket.

So, as you can see I have a long list of "want to do's"

Always great chatting to you guys out there :ty: and hope you all have a GREAT 2013 :tu: .
WHY DRIVE ANYTHING ELSE THAN A CORVAIR :emfront:

'64 Bad Back!
'60 4dr 500
'61 4dr 700 BIG BORE 3.2lt
'63 Monza Coupe
'65 Monza Coupe
indianalakewood1961
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by indianalakewood1961 »

Do some minor tune ups and odds and ends for Kalamazoo. This will be my first convention that I am able to attend so I am getting very excited about the 5 1/2 hr caravan up there with my local club.. The car is solid but some routine maintenance just in case for those little unexpected things.. So whats a good list of car stuff needed for a road trip to a convention?
jennirw
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by jennirw »

indianalakewood1961 wrote:Do some minor tune ups and odds and ends for Kalamazoo. This will be my first convention that I am able to attend so I am getting very excited about the 5 1/2 hr caravan up there with my local club.. The car is solid but some routine maintenance just in case for those little unexpected things.. So whats a good list of car stuff needed for a road trip to a convention?
DRIVE YOUR CAR AS MUCH AS YOU CAN BEFORE THE TRIP - that will tell you what you need to do
1960 700 COUPE
ADMINISTRATOR- "1960 CAVEMAN CORVAIR" Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "CAVEMAN CORVAIRS, THE 1960 GROUP" CORSA special interest chapter 003 Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "DETROIT AREA CORVAIR CLUB (DACC)" Facebook
indianalakewood1961
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by indianalakewood1961 »

I drive mine a lot in the summer months and when I go to meetings its a 100 mi round trip so I think the car is really solid. I carry an extra fuel pump in the tool box but that's about all the parts I have ever carried along with me, never had to change fuel pump yet...knock on wood... Any other essential parts you can think of that might come in handy in a pinch?
jennirw
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by jennirw »

I have had a couple of situations where the flex fuel line came loose from gas tank or between engine & body - might want some short pcs of fuel line and small hose clamps. Years ago I lost a rear axle bearing but you generaly have plenty of warning before that happens. With modern fuels rubber parts can fail, that's why a fuel pump & hoses might be handy. When I used to drive my Model A Ford regularly I always carried an extra condenser. Wouldn't hurt to have a few lug nuts in case you have a flat and lose some. I always try to have some wire, both elec & steel, in my tool box for those on the road quick repairs along with a roll of duct tape. Of course, they were handy when driving my Model A.
I drove my 1960 Corvair over 13,000 miles in 2012 & did replace a fuel pump - still not sure it it was a vapor lock or bad fuel pump - good idea to have a bottle of water in case of a vapor lock.
1960 700 COUPE
ADMINISTRATOR- "1960 CAVEMAN CORVAIR" Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "CAVEMAN CORVAIRS, THE 1960 GROUP" CORSA special interest chapter 003 Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "DETROIT AREA CORVAIR CLUB (DACC)" Facebook

Return to “Off Topic”