Corvair of the Month August 2011

Calendar page and Gift Certificate to the winner...and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.

Vote for Corvair of the Month August 2011

Poll ended at Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:14 pm

jtvairs '66 Monza
18%
Gregory_Miller '65 Corsa Clone
36%
mikevair '61 Lakewood
42%
Corvair.crazy '62 Spyder convert
3%

Total votes: 33

Scott H
Site Admin

Corvair of the Month August 2011

Post by Scott H »

The First Ten Vehicles posted are in the Show for this month.

The Sponsor is
Parts and service, in the Heartland of the USA
http://www.rafeecorvair.com
tel: 918-753-2486, available 7 days a week, no charge for advice

The winner this month will get a $10.00 Gift Certificate from Rafee Corvair.

Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
jtvairs

Re: Corvair of the Month August 2011

Post by jtvairs »

pretty much stock with 17" wheels
Attachments
66 Monza 95hp PG
66 Monza 95hp PG
Picture 079.jpg
Picture 076.jpg
Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Gregory_Miller »

More awesome rides this month... but here's my 65 Corsa clone for consideration once again. Amongst all the other cool things I've talked about over the last 4 months about it, is it's aftermarket turn signal switch that works so well for cancelling the signal after lane changes, etc. similar to what is listed on CorvairKid's website... although mine is a 65.
http://corvairkid.com/67-9signal.htm
In the last 4 months, I have replaced the primary carbs, replaced the window channel felt on both front doors, installed and then removed a Pertronix 1, installed new Seth Emerson silicone wires, and for the last few weeks other than while on vacation, have driven it daily to work without any problems. Brings a smile to my face every time I drive it.
Engine compartment after new plug wires.
Right after getting her road-worthy after a 10 year slumber. She still needs a paint job, next spring.
mikevair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by mikevair »

This is my '61 Lakewood that was recently completed. It's first show was in Denver a couple of weeks back and scored a 95.04 along with being advanced to the Senior Division. It's Bahama Blue with Datsun 280Z Wheels that have been polished out. The interior has 4 buckets borrowed from a Mazda 626 along with a full length console that runs front to back. The engine was updated to a 102HP but otherwise is very stock looking. Every nut, bolt, bushion has been replaced on the suspension and is just a clean as the body.

Corvair.crazy
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Corvair.crazy »

Here is my 62 Spyder convert.
Attachments
Deponte 001.jpg
Deponte 002.jpg
Jon
CORSA member
1962 Spyder convert
1961 Rampside
Chicago Guy

Post by Chicago Guy »

Gregory_Miller wrote:More awesome rides this month... but here's my 65 Corsa clone for consideration once again. Amongst all the other cool things I've talked about over the last 4 months about it, is it's aftermarket turn signal switch that works so well for cancelling the signal after lane changes, etc. similar to what is listed on CorvairKid's website... although mine is a 65.
http://corvairkid.com/67-9signal.htm
In the last 4 months, I have replaced the primary carbs, replaced the window channel felt on both front doors, installed and then removed a Pertronix 1, installed new Seth Emerson silicone wires, and for the last few weeks other than while on vacation, have driven it daily to work without any problems. Brings a smile to my face every time I drive it.
Engine compartment after new plug wires.
Right after getting her road-worthy after a 10 year slumber. She still needs a paint job, next spring.
Man I appreciate a persons persistence and pride in their cars, you hang in there every month and hope you get the
votes needed to win, I am proud of ya for that, I know I would be the same. :clap:

I am not a LM fan but the cars are great and I very seldom vote for a LM, I am voting this month for you because I have
read ( between the lines ) how you feel about your car, you seem to take pride in your BLUE car. :chevy:

All the other cars this month are fantastic and worthy of anyones votes, I wish them the best. :tu: GOOD LUCK to all.

Gene
64 Spyder Coupe
63 Pont SD 421
Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Gregory_Miller »

Wait till you see the engine compartment after I get all the freshly-painted tins back in!
Motornoggin
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Motornoggin »

Chicago Guy wrote:
Man I appreciate a persons persistence and pride in their cars, you hang in there every month and hope you get the
votes needed to win, I am proud of ya for that, I know I would be the same. :clap:

I am not a LM fan but the cars are great and I very seldom vote for a LM, I am voting this month for you because I have
read ( between the lines ) how you feel about your car, you seem to take pride in your BLUE car. :chevy:

All the other cars this month are fantastic and worthy of anyones votes, I wish them the best. :tu: GOOD LUCK to all.

Gene
I have to agree. In there each and every time. Much more persistance than me. I think one time the only vote I got was my own and I didn't enter again until last month. Plus, as much as EM's are growing on me, the LM's are my favorite! Also have to appreciate Scott for taking the time to put this together and thanks to the sponsors as well, it's a pretty neat thing.
Trip

Post by Trip »

I've gotta agree, I love that blue Corsa but I'm even more impressed by your commitment to it and passion for it!

I vote for Gregory Miller, but I have to give a nod to the guy with that wagon too!!! I absolutely love what you did with the interior. I'm not generally a fan of modern interiors/seats in Vairs but what you did is fantastic. I'm also a fan of the bullet tail light mod. Gotta be honest though, the tint doesn't do it for me and that is coming from a young (31) punk. Is it there as a styling choice or just for protection from the sun? I think the car would look much better without the tint, especially since it'd show off the custom interior nicely!!!
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf
Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Gregory_Miller »

OK... here's the "almost done" pic. Still need to reinstall carbs and then make sure I have fixed my oil leak, looks like it's coming from oil pump.

Here's me pointing at where the drip collected even after I cleaned everything off, and it collected again. I'm also pulling the oil pressure regulator piston to ensure it isn't frozen in place, and that popped my gasket. So far, I wasn't able to get it out. I will try again with another tool in a bit.

I have painted the mag fan body color... SO much brighter than my burned-out paint job. Next spring, I'm going to try really hard to talk the missus into letting me paint her...
Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Gregory_Miller »

Oil pressure piston came out without a hitch; thread sealer seems to have corked off the leak, putting carbs back on today and tomorrow, more pics to come! Vote for me!
mikevair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by mikevair »

Ok folks.....what does it take to get a few more votes? I've got about 10 bucks in my wallet....will that work?

Ah, I know....I'm the president of NTCA (North Texas Corvair Association). How's that?

Or, I'm friends with Steve Goodman...So, I've had Steve's magic hands on my engine. That's got to be worth at least one more vote!

I guess for a last ditch effort......Would you please vote for me? Thanks, Michael
mikevair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by mikevair »

I'd like to add my '66 Custom Corsa to the August show.

Originally, the car was built in the 90's, mostly by Steve Goodman in Goldman, Colorado for a friend of his. After showing for a few years the car was put in storage for 13 years and eventually sold to me.

Other than repairing some cracks in the fiberglass and changing the color of the interior the car remains the same.

The front and back seats for from a Mazda 626, The instrument cluster was originally a corsa cluster that was remolded using fiberglass and soup cans. The front end was designed to look like a 68 or so Camaro. The rear tail panel has '76 Vette lights installed. Doors have been shaved and all chrome including the drip rails removed. Paint is Garnet Pearl Metallic.

The engine is a 180 Turbo with a Safeguard System installed from Ray Sedmans. Heads modified from a 110. There is no turbo lag on this one. Acceleration is immediate and will pull strong till about 115 on the speedo. I've had to add disc brakes to slow the thing down....lol

I'd appreciate the vote for this one or the wagon!!! Thanks
64vert
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 64vert »

:eek: holy schnikeys! thats nice! i think its too late for this month....but you should definately put it in next months show.
omaha, ne
corvair midwest
CORSA
Trip

Post by Trip »

aye, only one car per owner allowed any given month, and they have to be submitted before the voting starts on the 15th =)

But that is quite a custom Vair'.... wild!
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf
Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Gregory_Miller »

Meh, now it will be a couple more months before I might win.... *sniff* Too many cool Vairs.

Return to “Corvair of the Month Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”