1963 Convertible Rear Seat

Having trouble finding that special part you need? Post a wanted ad.
Forum rules
All Classified posts will be automatically deleted approximately 90 days after posting.
OldnSlow

1963 Convertible Rear Seat

Post by OldnSlow »

I am looking for a rear seat for a 1963 Convertible. The frame on mine is rusted bad, the bottom is the worst part. I don't care about vinyl condition, as long as the frame is solid.

Thanks in advance!
Tony
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: 1963 Convertible Rear Seat

Post by bbodie52 »

OldnSlow wrote:Hi, my name is Tony.
After being out of restoring old rides for 30+ years, I picked up a 1963 Corvair Convertible. Been sitting for 30-40 years. I have been slowly picking away at it since last fall. A lot of fun, really cool cars. Located in Northern Utah.
:welcome2: :tu: :wave: Welcome, Tony, to the Corvair Forum!

I have many friends in Utah, but none are into Corvairs! :sad5:

Perhaps some of these suggestions can be of help to you...

:link: https://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter840/

Welcome to the Bonneville Corvair Club website!

This site has information regarding upcoming club activities and tech sessions. Please consider attending an activity. You won't find a better bunch of Corvair nuts in Utah.

Corvairs are fun cars to own and a blast to drive. They are not a mystery to repair or restore as parts are readily available from numerous mail-order and web sources. If you need help getting your ol' Corvair runnin' please contact one of the Club officers for help. You'll find that Corvair owners are always willing to lend a hand and share their Corvair "know-how" with others.

We dedicate this website to the enjoyment of our favorite car, the Chevrolet Corvair! We hope our enthusiasm is contagious and you too are bitten by the Corvair bug.

65th Anniversary this year for Corvair

The date was October 2, 1959, and a revolutionary much anticipated new Chevrolet model was introduced to the public. Seven years of planning culminated with this day. In 1952 Ed Cole envisioned a small car design that utilized an aluminum air-cooled rear engine. The rear engine layout facilitated a flat floor inside the automobile and room for six adults. The public went ga-ga for the 4-door Corvair sedan.

Midway through the production year a two-door model was introduced called the Monza. The sporty Corvair Monza came with bucket seats and a 3-speed stick shift. This is the car that set off the pony car craze of the 60’s. Ultimately a Corvair wagon, forward control trucks and van models were produced. In 1962 a convertible model was produced along with the performance minded turbo-charged Monza Spyder.

Corvair production continued through the 60’s and came to a conclusion on May 14, 1969. Ten model years were produced and over 1.5 million cars and trucks were sold. The Corvair was a successful new car design, just ask the many folks who have owned one throughout the years. We hear wonderful stories and memories from folks at car shows about their old Corvair. Keep this piece of American automotive history alive. Drive your Corvair! Enjoy your Corvair!

bbodie52 wrote:The Corvair Ranch may be able to help you in your used parts search. They can probably answer your questions about fitment and parts interchange.

They should be able to meet your needs for used but serviceable Corvair parts.

Corvair Ranch

:link: https://corvairranch.com/

email us at: findit@theranch.today

CORVAIR RANCH
1079 BON-OX ROAD
GETTYSBURG, PA 17325
US

(717) 624-2805

ImageImage
:link: https://ssl.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalo ... _page=261B (45+ PAGES for interior, upholstery, and carpeting!)

Another Clark's video - Making Corvair Upholstery...
...gives you an idea of the work and effort that makes Clark's upholstery quality possible. Imagine not having this service available!

Clark's Corvair Parts - Upholstery Tour

Published on Jan 21, 2013
Tour Clarks Corvair Parts Upholstery shop and see how upholstery, carpeting, door panels, top boots &
gaskets are produced.

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts in Shelburne Falls, MA is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. I think you will be amazed at the quality of the reproduction components they offer — particularly the interior carpeting and re-upholstery items. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

Useful YouTube Corvair "how to" videos from Dave Motohead...

:link: https://www.youtube.com/user/davemotohead1/videos

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
OldnSlow

Post by OldnSlow »

This is great info, thanks a bunch!
OldnSlow

Post by OldnSlow »

And dang Brad, your Corvair in that profile pic, what a beauty!!
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

Convertible rear seat bottoms were in low supply back 40 years ago due to rust out of the springs from water leaks! I was taking a sedan (2 or 4 door) rear seat bottom , removing the upholstery and cutting/welding the frame to look like what was left of the convertible frame. Cover with convertible upholstery and it worked! :tu: :chevy: :tu: :chevy: :tu:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Hey look, blue background! :wink: :thumbsup: :car: :spider: :frog: :train:
OldnSlow

Post by OldnSlow »

Great idea, I may have to try that. Thanks!

Return to “Parts Wanted”