convertible parts ... need to know where to find in manuals

All Models and Years
manofsteel

convertible parts ... need to know where to find in manuals

Post by manofsteel »

I have a 65 monza convertible and it is very hard for 1 person to put up. I've oiled and spray lube all of the joints but it did not help. took off the drivers side back seat wall panel and other side to see whats going on. The drivers side looks weird and I want to compare it to the manual . Can not find which manual or pages to see the unit. Looks buggered up for some reason and so I want to replace it and reinstall newer one. Has anyone performed this sort of surgery?? haha Any advice is welcomed! Jim H
Lane66Monza

Re: convertible parts ... need to know where to find in manuals

Post by Lane66Monza »

Get the Body by Fisher manual for 65 Corvair. There is some info in there for the verts
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

manofsteel wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:58 am I have a 65 monza convertible and it is very hard for 1 person to put up. I've oiled and spray lube all of the joints but it did not help. took off the drivers side back seat wall panel and other side to see whats going on. The drivers side looks weird and I want to compare it to the manual . Can not find which manual or pages to see the unit. Looks buggered up for some reason and so I want to replace it and reinstall newer one. Has anyone performed this sort of surgery?? haha Any advice is welcomed! Jim H
If it looks like someone was working on it, then I'd find someone who know the Corvair convertible to look at it. Sometimes folks partially dismantle a failed "power top" mechanism to make it manual. That could explain why it is hard to put up.

The manual tops have helper springs on the mechanism. See if they are intact.

You need the 1965 Fisher Body Manual for "Chevrolet, Chevelle, Chevy II, Corvair". The 1966 Fisher Body Manual lumped ALL the GM cars into one manual.
jfreez

Post by jfreez »

maybe post a few pics. I have the panels off of mine, I would be willing to see if I can notice a difference

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”