Corvair Packard 56 Connectors Electrical Wiring Repair Info

Need to know how? Want to show how?
Lane66Monza

Corvair Packard 56 Connectors Electrical Wiring Repair Info

Post by Lane66Monza »

Due to numerous electrical wiring repair questions I was helping to answer on the Camaro forum I am a member, I posted a long 3 posts discussion on Packard 56 connectors, terminals, tools and wiring tips for the members. I was well received.

I have taken all this info on that forum and made a single document. I thought some here might want a single document to download also. This new document is posted only on the Camaro Forum and this Vair forum to help fellow members. Hope this helps someone.
Electrical Wiring Tools & Tips.pdf
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE
cnicol

Re: Corvair Packard 56 Connectors Electrical Wiring Repair Info

Post by cnicol »

Nice summary and instructions, Al.
My only comment is that Packard Series 56 (and the wider Series 59 in the headlights) have no relation to Packard "Twin-Lock" series except they were both designed and made by Delco-Packard.
'61 140 PG Rampside
'66 Rear Alum V8 4-dr
'60 Monza PG coupe (sold, sniff, sniff)
'66 Corsa Fitch Sprint Conv. (First car 1971, recently repurchased)
Lane66Monza

Re: Corvair Packard 56 Connectors Electrical Wiring Repair Info

Post by Lane66Monza »

I also noted I called them out for only the engine / body harness connector. But they are also used in the LM body to under dash harness and the underdash to instrument panel connections. I don't believe the EM/FC used them at all.

When I get some time, I will make the corrections to this edition of the document and update it on this forum. The Camaro forum can live with the way it is presented.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE

Return to “DIY - Explanations and Demonstrations”